PDA

View Full Version : I know this MTB related, but .....

TMB
11-20-2010, 12:03 PM
You have got to take a look at the videos this guy is posting.

Here is one,

http://vimeo.com/11614934

Watch some of his others as well, camera effects in some of them are amazing.

Matt-H
11-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey! Mtb's are bikes, too. ;)

Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to check out some others by this guy. Interesting explanation on how he shot some of those great angles is in the comments.

There's something about that video that captures the essence of mountain biking for me. Other mtb videos as well as the latest Danny MacAskill video are amazing and beautiful, but they are also really slick as far as production goes. This vid is also very beautiful but more raw in both production, terrain, and the relatively easy xc type riding. No big hucks or drops here. There are parts of this video where it looks like the two riders are just bushwacking and making their own lines through the hills. The unique angles in shooting and the song in the background round out the whole experience for me.

TMB
11-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey! Mtb's are bikes, too. ;)

Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to check out some others by this guy. Interesting explanation on how he shot some of those great angles is in the comments.

There's something about that video that captures the essence of mountain biking for me. Other mtb videos as well as the latest Danny MacAskill video are amazing and beautiful, but they are also really slick as far as production goes. This vid is also very beautiful but more raw in both production, terrain, and the relatively easy xc type riding. No big hucks or drops here. There are parts of this video where it looks like the two riders are just bushwacking and making their own lines through the hills. The unique angles in shooting and the song in the background round out the whole experience for me.

I think one of the things that I find attractive is that there no drops and what not. Bikes, great scenery, great trails, etc. Just wonderful stuff.

Matt-H
11-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Exactly. :beer:

fourflys
11-20-2010, 09:44 PM
I lived there for 3 years back from 99-02... I wasn't into cycling at that time though... :(

Kodiak is an interesting little town and the weather you see on the video is the best it gets there for the most part... it can get downright cold with 60 mph winds in the winter... but, I may be going back there in summer 2012... either there or Hawaii, wherever the Coast Guard decides is best for me... I just hope it's not a desk job in DC...
:beer:

avalonracing
11-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Nice effort but For the Love of God why can people keep their stupid taste in music off of their public videos?!
I guess that's why there is a mute button on my computer.

d_douglas
11-20-2010, 11:48 PM
I never think of Alaska as coastal for some reason. I know - stupid - I am frame British Columbia and they share a coastline!

Looks like fun riding...