PDA

View Full Version : Ottrott Parts sizing?

wintermute
11-20-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm trying to buy up the parts to hang on my new 53 cm Ready Custom Ottrott. I've searched but can't find the answer for what type of bottom bracket people mount on the frame. I am assuming it is English but wanted to be sure before ordering.

The bonus question is what size of clamp-on front derailleur to use.

Thanks for the help in advance. I'm pretty excited about this bike which will replace my 2004 Roubaix Comp.

oldpotatoe
11-20-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm trying to buy up the parts to hang on my new 53 cm Ready Custom Ottrott. I've searched but can't find the answer for what type of bottom bracket people mount on the frame. I am assuming it is English but wanted to be sure before ordering.

The bonus question is what size of clamp-on front derailleur to use.

Thanks for the help in advance. I'm pretty excited about this bike which will replace my 2004 Roubaix Comp.

English threaded BB shell and 34.9mm front der clamp, assuming it's not a brazeon. Just sold a BB to a gent with a Ottrott and he measured the seattube as 34.9mm.

97CSI
11-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Believe oldpotatoe is referencing moi (though the 'gent' likely means someone else), but mine is an '03 custom, so your newer Ottrott could be different.

oldpotatoe
11-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Believe oldpotatoe is referencing moi (though the 'gent' likely means someone else), but mine is an '03 custom, so your newer Ottrott could be different.

You are a gentleman..at least on the phone! BB is one the way, thanks.

Pete Serotta
11-20-2010, 12:37 PM
THanks and the red wine prize is your when we meet. PETE