PDA

View Full Version : Landis's bike...

madbiker
05-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Just saw some taped Georgia coverage. Why isn't Floyd using that US flag edition of the BMC that I thought they were making especially for him??
And why does Bob Roll pronounce 'de' (as in tour de france) 'day'???? :crap:

lnomalley
05-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Roll does on purpose to piss off zee french.... he was just talking about it in an interview on one of the major cycling websites (pez, cyclingnews, velonews dailypeleton or in cyclesport magazine or procycling (that covers the bases doesn't it)..... it's in there (in detail) somewhere ....

shaq-d
05-03-2005, 12:48 AM
i like bob roll. but he doesn't piss off anyone but himself..he looks like a fool when he says tour day france.

sd

hypnospin
05-03-2005, 12:55 AM
i heard from Davis Phinney Bob Roll would come up alongside Fignon and greet him with a hey, larry.
at the time, americans were not entirely accepted in the peloton, and the among worst insults from the french perspective was to be called an american.
Davis said, as an american, a common insult was
"we do not even like you". take that.
he went on to say the racer responsible for an initial change in attitude toward americans was Alex Stieda, a canadian. this in large part due to him winning four jerseys in one day by rolling off solo. no one would concede to taking this seriously. not to chase an american.
anyway, it is good to know the usa has established credibility in the eyes of the euro peloton.

now the us as an empire- nation, recent exploits under the guise of hysterical "freedumb" and all, well that's another story.

too bad alex is not a citizen, maybe he could patch things up as pres...

Roll does on purpose to piss off zee french.... he was just talking about it in an interview on one of the major cycling websites (pez, cyclingnews, velonews dailypeleton or in cyclesport magazine or procycling (that covers the bases doesn't it)..... it's in there (in detail) somewhere ....