PDA

View Full Version : Great bulk discount/great customer service on tires

HankHornbuckle
11-19-2010, 09:01 AM
:D Welp, I just bought five sets of Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX 320 TPI [700x25] clinchers over the phone from World Class Cycles, for myself and a couple of bro's.
Heckuva deal at $50.40 a piece [when you do the "10 FOR" deal] and only ten bucks shipping.
They were fantastic to talk to over the phone and I immediately got an invoice and UPS tracking email in my inbox.
Also, I was informed that it is possible to mix and match sizes and models and still achieve a ten tire discount. Just wanted to pass this deal along, I see them for $67.50 to $75.00 - each elsewhere!

Cheers,
:::HH

http://www.worldclasscycles.com/

AngryScientist
11-19-2010, 09:47 AM
thats a "meh" deal, at best. if you order these from the popular UK sites when they are on sale, you can do quite a bit better. i rarely pay over $80 for a pair of these, shipped.

certainly beats most local shops though.

HankHornbuckle
11-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Okay... that's dirt cheap, thanks. Never bought tires from the UK. What are those popular sites of which you speak?

Likes2ridefar
11-19-2010, 11:20 AM
probikekit, wiggle, ribble, chainreactioncycles, among others

fiamme red
11-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I think $50 is a very good price.

I did once get a pair of these on Backcountry Outlet (labelled as "tubulars" by mistake) for $30 each. I wouldn't spend more than $40 on a tire, but I'm cheap.

fiamme red
11-19-2010, 11:30 AM
http://worldclasscycles.com/maggie_shredder

MAGGIE ®
world's first environmentally friendly document shredder
uses no electricity
uses no carbon based fuels
instant start up / made in the USA
only document shredder that randomly shreds, no 2 pieces the same size or shape
shreds any size paper, letter, legal, poster, newspaper etc.
rental available
weight 55 pounds
click for additional info
:D

HankHornbuckle
11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
"Home cookin' for the hounds"? :rolleyes: Wow! :)

I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I like to be able to pick up the phone and talk to the folks that I'm giving my business to, at least when it comes to the cycling world. Don't know if I'd do that with any of the 'popular UK sites', and like I said, I really liked the folks at World Class.
Even when I order my Rapha stuff, I just call up Carrie in Portland.... Rivendell, always nice to catch up with Kevin and the fellas over there when ordering stuff. Sure, all of these companies have very streamlined web based transaction capabilities, but that's just me. How do you guys like to say?... ATMO? ;)

Cheers,

Blue Jays
11-19-2010, 11:54 AM
My crew is lining-up a substantial order for World Class Cycles.
Everything heard about them has been very "glowing" in nature.

AngryScientist
11-19-2010, 11:57 AM
"Home cookin' for the hounds"? :rolleyes: Wow! :)

I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I like to be able to pick up the phone and talk to the folks that I'm giving my business to, at least when it comes to the cycling world. Don't know if I'd do that with any of the 'popular UK sites', and like I said, I really liked the folks at World Class.
Even when I order my Rapha stuff, I just call up Carrie in Portland.... Rivendell, always nice to catch up with Kevin and the fellas over there when ordering stuff. Sure, all of these companies have very streamlined web based transaction capabilities, but that's just me. How do you guys like to say?... ATMO? ;)

Cheers,

fwiw, both ribble and total cycling, both UK based also have excellent customer service based on my experiences with them. they always reply to e-mails quickly and have worked with me though a few orders over the years. just because they arent US based, doesnt mean that they dont have good customer service.

HankHornbuckle
11-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Never implied that they had bad customer service, I'm the guy that's never even heard of 'em before today. I just said I like to use the phone, and I wouldn't even know how [or during what hours] to dial 0044 (0)1772 336800, but like I said, I'm old fashioned. ;)

victoryfactory
11-20-2010, 05:23 AM
I will never pay fitty bucks for a bicycle tire.
contact Danny at critUSA good deals
on pro3's

VF

Pegoready
11-20-2010, 06:39 AM
y'all are a bunch of downers.

http://images3.makefive.com/images/entertainment/television/best-snl-sketches-ever/debbie-downer-7.jpg

Pete Serotta
11-20-2010, 07:01 AM
I have used him for years... ;) ;) PETE

I will never pay fitty bucks for a bicycle tire.
contact Danny at critUSA good deals
on pro3's

VF

AngryScientist
11-20-2010, 07:04 AM
I have used him for years... ;) ;) PETE

where in NJ, i'm all about supporting locals.

Pete Serotta
11-20-2010, 07:13 AM
where in NJ, i'm all about supporting locals.

No storefront that I knew of but I have nor conversed with him lately. Very fair and reputable fellow and I do hope to meet him in the spring on a trip up to see KENO.

PETE

ultraman6970
11-20-2010, 07:17 AM
I remember this place from long time go but i've never got anything from them, do they give free shipping? The schwalbe clinchers have a good price.

Pete Serotta
11-20-2010, 07:19 AM
http://archive.roadbikereview.com/04/0EFE119D.php
:banana: :banana: Pete

SamIAm
11-20-2010, 07:28 AM
No storefront that I knew of but I have nor conversed with him lately. Very fair and reputable fellow and I do hope to meet him in the spring on a trip up to see KENO.

PETE
Speaking of KENO, where has he been of late?

SamIAm
11-20-2010, 07:57 AM
In the event that you want to buy from a US company or you don't want to wait for a sale or if you don't care all that much about a 10 dollar difference, I would highly recommend world class. Great prices, great service. All my tire business (and its a lot) goes to them.

BillG
11-20-2010, 08:01 AM
In the event that you want to buy from a US company or you don't want to wait for a sale or if you don't care all that much about a 10 dollar difference, I would highly recommend world class. Great prices, great service. All my tire business (and its a lot) goes to them.

+1 World Class is excellent. I love those FMB tires!

shiftyfixedgear
11-20-2010, 09:55 AM
+2 for Danny Donelly at Crit USA. Solid person, been around the bike racing scene as an official since the USCF days.

How many youngsters AND adults has he helped and encouraged along the past thirty years ? LOTS.

Give him your business if you can. He's a good egg.

Uncle Jam's Army
11-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Just ordered some Veloflex Extremes from Danny off of Ebay. His price was $10 less than World Class and shipping was free. He shipped the next day after I placed my order.

eddief
11-20-2010, 10:21 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-2-MICHELIN-PRO-3-Race-Road-Tires-/120608140814?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c14ce2e0e