PDA

View Full Version : Fyi

Jack Brunk
11-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Most rooms for the NAHBS are going for at least 200 plus a night. Prices are for limited rooms at the convention center. Check around locally as prices are less than half within 5 miles of the convention center. FYI

rwsaunders
11-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Most rooms for the NAHBS are going for at least 200 plus a night. Prices are for limited rooms at the convention center. Check around locally as prices are less than half within 5 miles of the convention center. FYI

5 miles is a long stagger home for me, Jack. ;)

trophyoftexas
11-19-2010, 04:47 AM
...anyone coming down early/staying late to do some riding in the area? If so, get a room out a little from Austin and save about half, maybe more! That's a slow time for tourists in the Hill Country and even if you stayed out as far as Fredericksburg it's only about an hour into Austin. I know a couple of nice cycle-owner-operators down there that have B&B's that are pretty reasonable compared to in-town prices in Austin. Something to consider. Most of the riding in that area would be nice mid-winter training rides for many, usually about 1000 feet of climbing per 10 miles of riding, could be more in the right/wrong places! Thinking about this for myself but probably camp out for about $10.00 per night and then blow the savings at the show!!! :hello: :banana: :beer:

texbike
11-19-2010, 07:47 AM

Feel free to ping me if you would like advice about a specific hotel regarding good area/bad area, etc. if you aren't familiar with Austin.

If you want a spot a little further out, the Arboretum is on the NW side of town and about a 15 minute drive to the convention center. It's a great area with a concentration of good hotels and quick, easy access to downtown and good riding.

Texbike

alexstar
11-19-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm going, but haven't booked a hotel yet. I'll be renting a bike and two-wheeling it around town all weekend.

Pete Serotta
11-19-2010, 01:08 PM
I am going and have reserved a room here. I saw that the Show had a special rate at the Marriott.

Jack Brunk
11-19-2010, 03:36 PM
I am going and have reserved a room here. I saw that the Show had a special rate at the Marriott.
I checked with the Marriott and all they had left were rooms at $/250 a night. I got a room at a Marriott for $129 a night approx 4 miles away. Lookin forward to seeing and meeting everyone.