PDA

View Full Version : New PB: Land Speed Record (gravity assisted)

Louis
05-01-2005, 08:59 PM
For some reason this afternoon I decided to tuck a bit lower going down the hill that leads into my subdivision. The result: Max Spd = 59 mph. That tops my previous PB of 54 mph on my MTB (less aero, but stronger wheels, so you can really blast down regardless of what’s on the road). Had I known I was that close to 60 I would have tried to bring my knees in a bit more.

Yes, it’s a very steep hill and a b*tch to climb at the end of a ride, but it gets you off to a nice start. I can’t wait until we repave it, so it’s smoother. There are a few rough spots that are a bit scary.

Louis

dirtdigger88
05-01-2005, 09:02 PM
nice!!!!! when are you paving it? that will be a wicked ride without the pot holes-

Jason

H.Frank Beshear
05-01-2005, 09:32 PM
I've always wanted to bomb down the big hill on westbound I-44 out past 6 flags, without all the MO drivers on it of course :D :banana: Louis thats a steep hill and you climb up it? No wonder Dirt complains about your hill climbing abilities :p. I'd like to go down it but I think I'll take a chair lift to the top thanks. Frank

dirtdigger88
05-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Frank- thats the neck of the woods where Louis lives- :crap:

Jason

Louis
05-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Frank- thats the neck of the woods where Louis lives- :crap:

Jason

Frank,

One of my rides takes me up a hill just behind 6 Flags (Alenton - 6 Flags Road). As you climb you can hear the coasters clacking up their climbs. Then, as they go down you can hear the girls (it's always the girls) screaming at the top of their lungs. You never see them, but you can sure hear them.

By the way, DD88 make up "my" hill in some insane gear (39 x 25 ??) but he did say that he was hurting big time at the top. I never do it in anything other than a triple, and even then, I can barely keep my cadence above 50.

Louis