PDA

View Full Version : Fondriest Domino Carbon

sjbraun
05-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Would any of you have first hand experience with this frame? I saw a 2005 Domino Plus at the LBS yesterday. The boys at the shop were very keen on this frame. They claim its ride is vastly superior to the Cervelo 2.5s they sell in large quantities.
Light, stiff, responsive, descends well. What's not to like?

vaxn8r
05-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Probably nothing not to like. I would bet all Euro CF frames are made in China. Maybe the one exception...Colnago.

Not a putdown on Chinese frames. But it is funny that if Specialized is made in China that's usually thought of as a bad thing...but Merkx or Fondriest that's OK then. Double Standard? Kestrel is made in Taiwan and that is a clean looking Cf frameset, inside and out.

chrisroph
05-01-2005, 08:43 PM
The fondriest carbons are supposed to be made in italy. They look like great frames although I've never ridden one.

cs124
05-01-2005, 09:34 PM
The fondriest carbons are supposed to be made in italy. They look like great frames although I've never ridden one.

Fondriest ran a big double page ad in the Summer (Southern Hemisphere!) edition of Ride magazine. It gave a run-down and prices of their range of carbon frames. The ad made a big deal about the TF1 being made in Italy in conjunction with the Minardi formula 1 team but said nothing about the country of origin of their 3 cheaper frames. Sometimes it's what you don't say...

My guess is that only the TF1 is made in Italy.

ergott
05-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Fondriest ran a big double page ad in the Summer (Southern Hemisphere!) edition of Ride magazine. It gave a run-down and prices of their range of carbon frames. The ad made a big deal about the TF1 being made in Italy in conjunction with the Minardi formula 1 team but said nothing about the country of origin of their 3 cheaper frames. Sometimes it's what you don't say...

Fondriest - Minardi
Colnago - Ferrari

If your an F1 fan you gotta laugh! :) :) :) :) :)

-Eric

vaxn8r
05-01-2005, 10:22 PM

I stand corrected. I found a link for their catalog that has some interesting information about how they make the carbon bikes. I enjoyed it anyway:

http://www.fondriest-usa.com/downloads/fondriest_collection_05.pdf