PDA

View Full Version : Finally I rode my Kogswell

Smiley
05-01-2005, 05:19 PM
We swung by the Flys place this morning , picked my man up to ride downtown with us , he was fixed too . Well its been almost + 4 weeks since I ordered my Kogs and sold my Raleigh . It was really nice riding a bike designed for fixed gear riding , chain line perfect and geometry of the frame was super , I must thank my fitter . Anyway I chose to build up this bike with wider cycle cross rims , Salsa Delgado's to be exact and I am using Conti Gator Skins at 28 mm wide and BOY what a difference the bigger tires really help soaking up all the ruts on DC streets . If you ever go fixed , consider WIDER tires , it just makes sense . The new Kogs feels super stable and handles really well as compared to my old converted fixed gear frame . All I can say is I LOVE IT and the Kogs is a Keeper in my stable of bikes . I could not have asked for a better stock equipped bike , the 120 mm rear track drop outs that are 4 cm long make for wide gearing selections , the fender and rack bosses allow for many future possiblities and the steel fork with 1 1/8 threadless steerer is wonderful PLUS Kogswell has enough sense to build the steerer tube with an extension ( nice thinking Matt ) . Anyway when you total it all up and look at the price its really hard to pass a fixed gear bike up at these deflated prices . A wonderful day to ride my kogswell 42 miles with good friends and great weather .

Kevin
05-01-2005, 05:47 PM
It sounds great. Have fun with it.

Kevin

flydhest
05-01-2005, 06:54 PM
I have to say, Smiley's Kogswell is one nice looking bike. Very sweet.

I'm sure glad Smiley convinced the others to stop by and pick me up as it was a gorgeous day and a great ride.

We had a lovely stroll through scenic Washington, some monuments and such, and even took in some of the bagpipe music being played by a bunch of guys with funny hats and skirts. I didn't laugh, because it looked like some of them were carry knives.

Smiley
05-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Those guys with the bag pipes look Lybian to me right Fly ?

Matt Barkley
05-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Glad to see you out there today Smiley! We were all happy riding on such a gorgeous day! :beer: Matt

BumbleBeeDave
05-01-2005, 09:21 PM
I can never hear this name without thinking of “The Jetsons” :D . . . . and Smiley--what’s this you are saying about Fly-man having been ‘fixed?” Does his wife know?

BBDave

ericspin
05-02-2005, 03:48 AM
I have been contemplating a move to fixed or SS. I have had both knees scoped in the recent past and I am worried about the strain. What do you guys think.

Tony Edwards
05-02-2005, 08:26 AM
I wish they'd make the Kogswell fixie in more sizes - I'm a tall guy, and a 58 ain't going to cut it.