PDA

View Full Version : When wildlife goes placidly

rustychisel
11-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Late yesterday afternoon...

My partner was in the back garden, her son called to her from the driveway because he'd been driving down the street and seen this young fella walking down the street. He parked his car and came over to tell us; what he didn't know was that the koala had followed him, turning into the driveway, walked around the back of the house and made for his gum tree of choice.

We live in the suburbs, these fine furry friends are around, but mostly in big parks down by the river, maybe a mile and a half away through suburbs and really busy roads, so quite how he came to visit us I don't know.

Anyway, over the next couple of hours he climbed up and down all three significant trees in the backyard checking them out. In the morning he was gone.

http://www.dbmagazine.com.au/cyclo/koaladude.jpg

Dlevy05
11-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Adorable. I think it's a shame that my life isn't as integrated with other wildlife as I'd like it to be. To me, there's something grounding about being able to harmoniously share my space with another animal. Anyway, beautiful pics.

Karin Kirk
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Wow that is super cute! Nice work on the photos and thanks for sharing.

rugbysecondrow
11-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Adorable. I think it's a shame that my life isn't as integrated with other wildlife as I'd like it to be. To me, there's something grounding about being able to harmoniously share my space with another animal. Anyway, beautiful pics.

Some mornings I look out my kitchen window and see 6-7 deer just hanging out in the back yard. My daughter has gotten used to seeing them in the front yard that she looks at them, acknowledges them, then goes inside...Too Funny.

dancinkozmo
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
....i hear koalas are delicious on the barbie :banana: :banana:

Dekonick
11-14-2010, 05:20 PM
....i hear koalas are delicious on the barbie :banana: :banana:

You have it all wrong mate! It is SHRIMP on the barbie ;)

dancinkozmo
11-14-2010, 05:39 PM
You have it all wrong mate! It is SHRIMP on the barbie ;)

nah...im sure its koala...or maybe wombat ??

Dlevy05
11-14-2010, 05:51 PM
I hear grilled rattle snake is mighty tasty. Sorta like chicken.

Mr. Squirrel
11-14-2010, 06:30 PM
no tail? that is nuts!!

mr. squirrel

BumbleBeeDave
11-14-2010, 06:39 PM
. . . is really cool!

BBD

Louis
11-14-2010, 07:04 PM
He looks a lot cuter and less troublesome than this guy.

Notice I have two feeder protection systems (the cylinder and the hemisphere) that have both been defeated by this pest.