PDA

View Full Version : How Many Cycling Routes Do You Have?

93legendti
11-13-2010, 08:44 AM
I lose count at 12, and of course I mix and match, but when I head out the door solo it seems like my cycling takes me on/to 1 of 12 general routes.
How about you?

kong79
11-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I've got six that I normally ride, depending on wind, how much time I have, and of course, how I feel on a particular day.

martinrjensen
11-13-2010, 10:14 AM
6 is probably a good number. sometimes I mix and match, taking part of one ride and combining it with another to either add or shorten time or ride a specific manner. I have a "3 hills" 25 mile route that sometimes I just don't feel like tackling but it contains a fairly nice 2 miles of good asphalt where I can just put my head down and cruise. I take that part and add it to another nice 3 mile long flat stretch and call it a route. Lately I've been doing this route but adding in a shorter very steep hill climb plus a run through the middle of down town (Seattle ) just to add some excitement. There are still hills in the route but I don't climb up Queen Anne hill twice like my 3 hills climb, which I think is fairly brutal.
Overall I bet I don't have more than 6 different routes that I use on a regular basis

gone
11-13-2010, 12:23 PM
I've got at least a couple dozen, probably many more than that depending on how far I feel like going. Having said that, day in-day out I cycle (ouch) through variations on 7.

false_Aest
11-13-2010, 01:42 PM
2 to/from work

1 long out n back that has variations on it:
a. 70 mile out n back
b. 20 mile out to a 3k' climbing loop to 20 miles home
c. 30 miles out 10 mile climb to home
d. 30 miles out to a 10 mile climb to a 5 mile climb to home

1 30mile loop with 2k climbinb
a. possibility of adding on 20 miles for a long ride
b. possibility of cutting it short by hitting a tech. descent -10 miles.

1 20 minute climb

1 50 mile out 'n' back along the beach.

spiderman
11-13-2010, 10:09 PM
I just lost count at about 20! At least 5 for every direction
And you could double that if you include opposite routes
Which seem like completely different rides!

93legendti
11-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I just lost count at about 20! At least 5 for every direction
And you could double that if you include opposite routes
Which seem like completely different rides!
Good point, I forgot about my packed dirt trail rides...

Steevo
11-14-2010, 09:13 AM
I ride variations of 8+ different rides when starting form my door. Over time these rides have gotten kind of boring, but serve thier purpose. My true love in cycling is taking the extra time to drive an hour north and ride all sorts of different ride through the mid-Hudson and Catskill area. The roads a quiet, thescery is beautiful and I know many of the roads.

BlackTiBob
11-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I ride here in Minnesota with the TCBC club which typically has about 50 rides per week on their schedule.
Before the club, I had 2 main rides.
Now I have about a dozen regular rides and a host of other occassional rides.

Ahneida Ride
11-14-2010, 07:50 PM
about 10 or so ....

fiamme red
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Hundreds. :banana:

Volant
11-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Road - about 6 or so; but depending on how I'm feeling, I can easily add/subtract distance to any of those. Basically, a couple flat routes, two rollers and two with major hills (short sections between 17% and 25% grade). Many more if I pack up the bike and drive to the Smokys.
MTB - Dozens - riding a trail one way and then doing it in the opposite direction is two different trails to me. :)
Family - 3-4. These are some of the best rides!
Club - 2