PDA

View Full Version : Songs To Ride To:

g3neration
04-30-2005, 09:01 PM
So lets hear what you guys listen too while you ride :D Something fast with a strong beat :banana: :banana: or something slow and smooth :cool: or ........

PanTerra
04-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Heavy breathing.

g3neration
04-30-2005, 09:48 PM
:o Why heavy breathing? Arent you supposed to hold you breath as long as possible when you bike? :p Maybe I'm biking wrong? :D

Trouble
04-30-2005, 09:50 PM
None of these are while I'm on the road, only on the trainer.

For warming up or cooling down:
Bonne McGee; Trouble or Somebody
Dido: anything
Natalie Merchant: anything
Mindy Smith: anything

When I'm cruising:
Delbert McClinton: anything
Ray Charles: anything
3 Doors Down: anything
Matchbox 20: anything
The Wallflowers: anything
Kenny Wayne Shepherd: 1st 3 albums
Doyle Bramhall: anything

When things get difficult:
Stereophonics: Moviestar
KidRock: anything off of Cocky
AC/DC: old stuff, Powerage, High Voltage
Paul Red****: anything off Rattlebag
Stevie Ray Vaugh: anything
Mis-Teeg: Scandalous or One Night Stand

Ok, that's enough, you get the idea.

g3neration
04-30-2005, 10:08 PM
I think I'm the only one that listens to music with in-ear earphones ( Shure e5c ) with both ears while I'm riding on the road. :confused: Wonder if thats bad, been doing it for...at least 3 yrs so far so it cant be THAT bad. :D

Dr. Doofus
04-30-2005, 10:48 PM
nico

not the belgian

the swede

she digs me

Trouble
04-30-2005, 11:18 PM
I think I'm the only one that listens to music with in-ear earphones ( Shure e5c ) with both ears while I'm riding on the road. :confused: Wonder if thats bad, been doing it for...at least 3 yrs so far so it cant be THAT bad. :D

I've been using sound isolating earphones/iPod on my motorcycle for years.
It's the only way to go on the motorcycle.
Shure, Westone ES2 (very expensive) Etymonic ER4, etc.
I no longer own or use the standard headphones with the ear pads.

With my bicycle...it just scares me to have on earphones...???

SMUGator
05-01-2005, 03:33 AM
Darwin loved motorcyles. Darwin loved earphones.

Kevin
05-01-2005, 05:07 AM

With Long Island traffic, I would be dead if I used earphones. I'll stick to heavy breathing. I just have to keep reminding myself that it is my own heavy breathing.

Kevin

BarryG
05-01-2005, 07:03 AM
I isten to music with in-ear earphones with both ears while I'm riding on the road. :confused: Wonder if thats bad
It's bad :no: - you need all the audio cues available to stay safe on the road

93legendti
05-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Only on the trainer:
ABB
G'Mule
Zep

g3neration
05-01-2005, 07:39 AM
Cmon wheres all your sense of adventure. :D I guess I'm just used to it. Feels boring without anything to ride to. I used to ride down 5th ave. but it was almost like stop and go biking. Now I ride on the bike path on the west side. Not as bad or as dangerous. :D

cycleman_21
05-01-2005, 07:41 AM
CCR-"Who'll Stop The Rain"
I ;) sing to myself
Tommorrow?

RC

g3neration
05-01-2005, 09:35 AM
O that must give your lungs a good workout, singing while biking at 90% of HR. :D

mad_mark
05-01-2005, 09:54 AM
I keep a radio at the garage door, first thing when the garage door opens is to turn it on. I then put on shoes, helmet and air in the tires followed by a quick spin through the gears. Whatever song I heard, that's what I'm listening to for the ride.

Sucks when it's something :crap:

Spicoli
05-01-2005, 10:14 AM
If you want to knock down a house try;
-Anything by "the Dropkick Murphys" (Thanks Bostonians, Punk w/bagpipes NICE!)
-"Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies"(classics done all punked up)you know all the words to every song but they are not lame anymore.
-Anything by "Bouncing Souls"
-"Jack Johnson" to calm yourself.

3 fast 1 slow.

700 x 23c
05-01-2005, 01:44 PM
I sometimes use an MP3 player while riding. Bad? I don't think so. I stay in bike lanes, and certainly can hear a car horn, siren, or a barking dog. The scariest experience I have had, was being overtaken by another cyclist as he tapped me on my shoulder and said "hey."

I don't use a little mirror to see what is behind me. If I see an obstacle coming up, I look behind me to see what my options are. I am not really sure that listening to toons hurts me that much. Toons or no toons, a car driving into me from behind is going to happen if they want it to.

To be honest, if there is any sort of head wind, I can bearly hear the music.

Having said this, I did not feel it was appropriate for a rider in yesterdays group ride to have both ears plugged with music.

What do I listen to....it varies, but:

Harry Chapin
Billy Joel
Simon and Garfunkel
Jimmy Buffet
Enya
10,000 Maniacs
Elton John
Classical Gas
Jim Brickman
Generally assorted stuff, but rarely something too modern. On the radio, it tends to be the oldies station, classic rock, or smooth jazz!

g3neration
05-01-2005, 01:55 PM
w00t thats the spirit 700x23c! :D Same way with me...lots of head wind and I barely hear the music anyways.