PDA

View Full Version : Little 500 bike

Tony Prioli
04-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Built for the 1999 little 500 race. Has reynolds tubes, and waterford built the bikes that year. Check out the auction on ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7153336202&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

T

Bruce K
04-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Cool bike.

But too big for me.

BK

dirtdigger88
04-30-2005, 07:53 PM
I know a guy who has one from the mid 90s- he worked as a pit mechanic and got one of the bikes afterwards- cool for cools sake- not really a cool for quality sake- but what the hey

Jason

Bradford
04-30-2005, 10:10 PM
I picked up an MA at Indiana and was there from 88-90. In my second year, I lived with the captain of the Phi Delt little 500 team. It is a much bigger event than you would guess.

There were very strict rules of what you could ride, none of which were bikes anybody would want. Every year, at the start of the season, they would rebuild the bikes and try everything they could to make things spin better. Not much worked, but they tried.

The riders were very serious and trained like any varsity sport at the school. And at IU, being on a Little 5 team was second only to being on the basketball team.

I was lucky enough to see 3 races, one the year I went out to see the campus and the two when I was there. I'll tell you one thing, it is one of the most exciting sporting events you will ever see, especially if you have a team to root for.