PDA

View Full Version : by the way -- Nitto Randonneur bars...

eddief
04-30-2005, 06:56 PM
got installed today on the P. These things have the wackiest bends and on a short test ride they felt good. They're silver, nice flat area just behind the hoods, sorta narrow at the top and flared out to 45 at the bottoms.

They are for 25.4 clamps and I thought I'd need shims in my Salsa Sul quill, but they seem tight and firm without shims.

An interesting option for that cruising bike.

Tony Prioli
04-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Nitto also makes a lugged stem to fit the bars. I installed a set on a c.s.i. with tdf lugs about two months ago. It feels, and looks great. I am no retro grouch either, but these are cool.

Tony

dbrk
04-30-2005, 07:27 PM
The Nitto Randonneurs also come in a slightly narrower version with 42cm flares at the bottom. I use both and they are tremendous fun: you have this sorta' flat top and, like eddie says, these wide bottoms. The Nitto lugged stem is a handsome thing too: it comes in threadless and threaded versions, though the latter is harder to come by. The stems are a bit fancy and, imho, suit certain sorts of bikes. For usual stems I like the Pearl, which I use on most every bike that isn't fancy Nitto lugged or threadless.

Rivendell used to carry the wide Randonneurs but now they don't (inventory is cost) but Ben's Bikes has them, just a phone call away. You can find these fine folks on eBay too.

dbrk

eddief
04-30-2005, 07:39 PM
like $25 at aebike.com. These bars are really gorgeous in that Nitto sort of way too.