PDA

View Full Version : OT Any eye docs in the house???

TMB
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I went to my eye doc yesterday an asked if we could try out some progressive contacts to improve my short vision.

We fitted and trieda number of lenses and he sent me away with a couple of different ones to try.

Well, the extended wear, 2 week ones seem to fit so well that I can't get the left one out of my eye.

Any suggestions to break it free??

Louis
11-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Silly question, but what does your doc say to do?

TMB
11-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Silly question, but what does your doc say to do?

HAven't been able to get back there yet ..

DRZRM
11-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Put some moisturizing drops in your eye (the kind for use with contacts, not Visine), close your lid and gently put pressure on the outside of your eyelid with your first two fingers. Sweep your eye back and forth (left to right and back again) and the lens will usually break free from your eye and slide to the side. Repeat as necessary, adding more drops between attempts. You should not need much force, your eye likely just dried out, it is the moisture, not the force that will free the contact.

BTW I'm not a doctor (at least not that kind of doctor) but I did used to sleep in my extended wear contacts pretty irregularly, and they would always be stuck in the AM. When you wear them regularly, that problem seems to go away as your eye makes up for the dryness of the contacts.

chuckred
11-10-2010, 03:59 PM
When my lenses get dry they're very tough to get out... have you tried lubricating drops to loosen them up? Then sliding them down off the center of the eye and grabbing hold and pinching between thumb and forefinger?

If you're an experienced contact wearer, not doubt you've given that a shot...

TMB
11-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Put some moisturizing drops in your eye (the kind for use with contacts, not Visine), close your lid and gently put pressure on the outside of your eyelid with your first two fingers. Sweep your eye back and forth (left to right and back again) and the lens will usually break free from your eye and slide to the side. Repeat as necessary, adding more drops between attempts. You should not need much force, your eye likely just dried out, it is the moisture, not the force that will free the contact.

BTW I'm not a doctor (at least not that kind of doctor) but I did used to sleep in my extended wear contacts pretty irregularly, and they would always be stuck in the AM. When you wear them regularly, that problem seems to go away as your eye makes up for the dryness of the contacts.

You see, here is the answer. The only darn stuff I have in my desk here is Visine. HAven't been able to run across the street to the drug store yet.

I think I will go do that now.

Thanks.

Should have figured that out myself.