PDA

View Full Version : who makes these fenders, bars?

eddief
11-07-2010, 03:20 PM
good looking bike, not mine, but who makes these fenders?

and...on second thought, who does those bars?

TimmyB
11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
those are crud roadracers (http://www.crudusa.com/product/27)

Kilgore
11-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Bars: Cinelli Neo-Morphe?

eddief
11-07-2010, 05:37 PM
could you do me that Cinelli Neo Morph bend in aluminum please? I'd like to try them for less than $275. Looks like it puts the end of the drop section up around where the current offerings of compacts bars puts it. I like the idea of the drop coming back further and coming up some.

sean
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Nitto used to make something simliar to that. Less ergo though. Meant for XC, the lifted ends were for better access to barcon shifters.

I used to have a set, I'll see if I can drudge them up and take a pic or two.

ahumblecycler
11-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Bars: Cinelli Neo-Morphe?

Yep. Cnd_Bacon had that bar I believe. I wanted one, but I never located one.

Kilgore
11-07-2010, 09:49 PM
http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007/11/bsnyc-product-review-no-holds-barred.html

an oldie but goodie :)

eddief
11-07-2010, 10:08 PM
made me laugh.

a couple of excerpts:

"...But this handlebar was something different. As all cyclists know, there’s just something objectionable about old-fashioned handlebars. Simply grabbing a piece of bent tubing transports you back to a time before universal suffrage, Polio vaccine, and indoor plumbing, and that’s a trip you don’t want to take. Meanwhile, as soon as I picked up the Cinelli Neo Morphe I started running around the house in my underwear, pretending to pilot the Millennium Falcon and making laser noises before I even knew what I was doing."

"It’s hard for me to describe just how sublime these handlebars are, but I’ll do my best. Just remember the most erotic dream you’ve ever had. Remember how your hands moved all over your partner, caressing every curve. Now fix those contours in carbon fiber and bolt them onto the front of your bike with a 31.8 stem. That on librium is what it’s like to ride these bars."

d_douglas
11-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Yes, I have a pair on my Serotta now. Good design, but it doesn't quite fit underneath my F1 fork, so that is slight drag on the tire - very annoying. If you don't have super tight clearance issues, they will be fine. If you have good clearance, buy SKS or Planet Bike etc., and be done with it - those are cheap, effective and indestructible.

PS horrific looking handlebar, but if it's comfortable, that's all that matters!

oldpotatoe
11-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Yes, I have a pair on my Serotta now. Good design, but it doesn't quite fit underneath my F1 fork, so that is slight drag on the tire - very annoying. If you don't have super tight clearance issues, they will be fine. If you have good clearance, by SKS or Planet Bike etc., and be done with it - those are cheap, effective and indestructible.

PS horrific looking handlebar, but if it's comfortable, that's all that matters!

Same issue with the fenders plus the attachment design makes for fenders that move a lot on bumps, make a lot of noise. Rode them twice, took them off. Emailed probikekit, where I got them and got the 'you are the first person to say these.....'' etc..sure thing. Not impressed.