PDA

View Full Version : Banned list - I miss u but who are u?

Smiley
11-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Viper, #1 banned person, life has been boring here without you but my guess is the moderators jobs have been much easier since you left. Heck drop me a e-mail since you may be lurking every now and then here. This is my way of reaching out to u Luke Skywalker :)

TMB
11-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Viper, #1 banned person, life has been boring here without you but my guess is the moderators jobs have been much easier since you left. Heck drop me a e-mail since you may be lurking every now and then here. This is my way of reaching out to u Luke Skywalker :)

I am quite sure that handsomerob can reach him pretty much anytime.

And yes, agree with the sentiment. He certainly livened things up.

Smiley
11-06-2010, 02:01 PM
A question to the masses, does Pete Rose have a better chance getting into the HOF or does Viper get back on this forum?

thwart
11-06-2010, 02:01 PM
And yes, agree with the sentiment. He certainly livened things up.
Second that.

cadence90
11-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Please. NO. Please.

Lifelover
11-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I have been thinking about and missing Viper as well. My "mouth breather" label under my avatar is in honor of him

snah
11-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Anyone heard from Mike Maddox? Did he make the banned list? Haven't heard from him here in about a year.

97CSI
11-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Please. NO. Please.Indeed.....much more peaceful without the gratuitous insults.

Ray
11-06-2010, 03:56 PM
IIRC, he only really got in trouble on the political threads. And since those aren't happening any more, might a rehabilitation be in order? If he'd even be interested...

-Ray

regularguy412
11-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Gotta love the Christmas Spirit!

:D

Mike in AR:beer:

cadence90
11-06-2010, 04:23 PM
IIRC, he only really got in trouble on the political threads. And since those aren't happening any more, might a rehabilitation be in order? If he'd even be interested...

-Ray
Ray, were you ever the recipient of his "comments" (I'll be kind) on RBR? And I'm not talking the Politics Only forum.

ti_boi
11-06-2010, 04:32 PM
He used to roast my ass on a reg'lar basis. Mostly about Israel. Since then I have actually met a few Israeli Americans who share his views. Imagine that. Learn sumthing every day if you are listening. :beer:

johnnymossville
11-06-2010, 05:24 PM
It's winter time and "sanity" has returned for the most part. I kinda miss the excitement.

What's RBR? Recumbent Bike Riders?

oldguy00
11-06-2010, 05:45 PM
It's winter time and "sanity" has returned for the most part. I kinda miss the excitement.

What's RBR? Recumbent Bike Riders?

roadbikereview.com

Charles M
11-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Indeed.....much more peaceful without the gratuitous insults.

Really, if I wanted drama an argument and insult, I would be at a few other forums rather than here.

I dont watch reality TV either. I'm not a fan of watching people who's contribution is being irritating

RABikes2
11-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Indeed.....much more peaceful without the gratuitous insults.
It must be getting very cold up north. It was 30* here at my place this morning. ARE YOU FOR REAL SMILEY?! I'm in agreement with 97CSI and cadence90. PM, email, phone, or whatever the banned, but why, oh why, do you want to invite possible discord and most likely more work for Pete and the moderators? There'll be enough work for them as the winter months progress and folks are more agitated because they're cooped up inside and not riding as much.

Michael Maddox is a local and a bud of mine. He occasionally stops by the shop to visit, but I haven't seen him in quite a while, so I can only imagine he's busy with his family and work.

Peace,

RA

MRB
11-06-2010, 07:03 PM
My Vote:

Less: Viper
More: your-friend!

Maybe we should start a Serotta Pals we miss thread?

gemship
11-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I recall reading many of Viper's posts although I never met him, heck I don't know anybody here personally. I also remember his being banned. I would sometimes wonder if Viper became Mr. Squirrel :confused:

Keith A
11-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Just a FYI, he hasn't logged on here since April 2009, but Mr. Maddox has lurked around here recently :)

rounder
11-06-2010, 07:55 PM

rockdude
11-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Ya, I forgot about the video guy. Didn't he invent youtube. He was controversial but entertaining.

bike22
11-06-2010, 08:15 PM
i haven't been around very long and i don't recognize any of those posters, but it is always a shame when someone gets banned from a forum.

Ray
11-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Ray, were you ever the recipient of his "comments" (I'll be kind) on RBR? And I'm not talking the Politics Only forum.
No, I haven't been on RBR in years and never spent much time over there even when I was. I was only aware of / interacted with Viper here on the Serotta board. But since I don't know the whole story....

Not that big a deal to me one way or the other - I'm not around here much anymore myself. Too long a history and too many friends/acquaintances to stop checking in, but less and less interest in discussing bikes. Riding is something I'll do for as long as I can (which I hope is a loooooooong time) but my 'gear' obsession has moved on...

-Ray

Mr. Squirrel
11-07-2010, 06:02 AM
I recall reading many of Viper's posts although I never met him, heck I don't know anybody here personally. I also remember his being banned. I would sometimes wonder if Viper became Mr. Squirrel :confused:

people, it's all psychological. you yell squirrel, everybody says, "huh? what?" you yell viper, we've got a panic on our hands on the fourth of july.

mr. squirrel

SEABREEZE
11-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Gotta love the Christmas Spirit!

:D

Dont you mean Thanksgiving Spirit, more appropiate, family coming together.

Christmas Spirt, just a little ahead of yourself.... Santa Clause is always at the tail end of the famous Macys thanksgiving day parade...

SEABREEZE
11-07-2010, 07:14 AM
people, it's all psychological. you yell squirrel, everybody says, "huh? what?" you yell viper, we've got a panic on our hands on the fourth of july.

mr. squirrel

Dont you mean "huh? WHERE??? not what?"

SEABREEZE
11-07-2010, 07:17 AM
No, I haven't been on RBR in years and never spent much time over there even when I was. I was only aware of / interacted with Viper here on the Serotta board. But since I don't know the whole story....

Not that big a deal to me one way or the other - I'm not around here much anymore myself. Too long a history and too many friends/acquaintances to stop checking in, but less and less interest in discussing bikes. Riding is something I'll do for as long as I can (which I hope is a loooooooong time) but my 'gear' obsession has moved on...

-Ray

So RAY, what CAMERA is Santa bringing you this year...

Mr. Squirrel
11-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Dont you mean "huh? WHERE??? not what?"

squirrel - duh. ;)

mr. squirrel

regularguy412
11-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Dont you mean Thanksgiving Spirit, more appropiate, family coming together.

Christmas Spirt, just a little ahead of yourself.... Santa Clause is always at the tail end of the famous Macys thanksgiving day parade...

I guess Thanksgiving Spirit is technically more appropriate, but ya can't tell it around the stores.

:)

Pete Serotta
11-07-2010, 10:52 AM
"Really, if I wanted drama an argument and insult, I would be at a few other forums rather than here" Very true

The ID Viper is gone.....forever. I like Smiley lots and value his friendship but this is one area we will disagree on.

YEP, the constructive nature on this tread is not constructive and would be good for a bar discussion only :beer: :beer:

Fell free to start a thread on my heavy handed closing of this. (no I will not partake in it, I promise)

PETE :crap: