PDA

View Full Version : Any Serotta demographic data out there

700 x 23c
04-29-2005, 08:10 AM
How many sold a year?
Custom vs. Stock?
State by State data; Country data
Models sold?
How many are impulse off the shelf purchases in LBS vs. ordered from Serotta? (I have never seen a Serotta on the shelf in my LBS)

I imagine, if you ride around Saratoga, you probably see more Serrotas than if you ride in Nebraska, but who knows?

jeffhall
04-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Our shop in NC sells alot of Serotta's and we now have 4 or 5 Serotta's on the floor. We have several of the Demo units (a beautiful Postal frame with Campy Chorus and a AWESOME Sierra Neveda built w/ Chorus) and then 3 new bikes built (Legend Ti, Nove and Fierte) olus four of the shop employees ride Serotta's that customer can try (My Ottrott st, 2 Legend St, Legend) plus we have a brand new Ottrott St frame hanging on the wall.

We also have a cpl of Seven's on the floor.

Our shop likely sells as many Serotta's as any in a like size market (100,000 folks) and the bulk are still custom frames.

Need a Serotta? Let me know!!!!

Velociotis
04-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I see at least one Serotta on every ride, including yesterday, with matching jersey. I think every new home buyers get a pair free of CSIs in the four car garage.

Sandy
04-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Must be an awfully expensive home and/or garage. :D

Sandy

Sandy
04-29-2005, 09:43 AM
We Ottrott owners provide a garage for each of our Ottrotts. It is the least that we can do. :)

Snobish Serotta Sandy

g3neration
04-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Garage? :confused: Wazzat? I put mine in the bike room of my apt. complex and let ppl knock their bikes into it all day long. :D

Skrawny
04-29-2005, 11:25 AM
I noticed an interesting thing the other day.

Whenever we get a nice weekend here in SF, beautiful bikes come out of the woodwork. I would say I see as many Serottas as Sevens and Calfees, slightly more Colnagos and tons of LeMonds and Treks.

However, last weekend I traveled to the Chico Wildflower Century and saw a much smaller proportion of Serottas. There were still quite a few Calfees and Sevens, but I only saw one or two other Serottas. I know one of the biggest Serotta (and Seven) dealers is here in SF; maybe there isn't a nearby Serotta dealer in Chico?...

BTW: This was my first ride in Chico. Despite the early rain, it was beautiful. A wonderful place to ride AND the Sierra Nevada Brewery in town to... uh... carbo load.

-s