PDA

View Full Version : Wellington, Florida Cycling

keno
11-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I'll be spending many days this winter in Wellington, Florida. I've had no success via the internet in finding a bike club or other info on organized rides.

Any help you can give me on the subject or lead me to other interesting activities there, please let me know.

Thanks,

keno

45K10
11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I'll be spending many days this winter in Wellington, Florida. I've had no success via the internet in finding a bike club or other info on organized rides.

Any help you can give me on the subject or lead me to other interesting activities there, please let me know.

Thanks,

keno
Sorry you have to go down there. Most guys I know who live around there ride the canal trails just watch out for the gators. I'm not kidding

Pyramor
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
I live in Martin County, near Stuart, but work in Palm Beach County. I've found that it is much nicer and safer to ride in Martin (PBC has one of the highest cyclist death rates in the country). Treasure Coast Cycling Association, link (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuart-FL/Treasure-Coast-Cycling-Association/186615970479) , sponsors Saturday rides out of Stuart. Your choice of A/A+, B/B+ and C. There is also a Saturday ride out of Juno Beach into Martin County via A1A and Jupiter Island (Beautiful, safe place to ride. Just make sure you always obey the traffic laws). Not sure who organizes it though.

bocarider
11-05-2010, 08:45 AM
You are about 30 minutes north (driving, not cycling) of the West Boca ride sponsored by the Boca Raton Bicycle Club. The ride is 7:30 every Saturday morning out of the Logger's Run Shopping Center on Palmetto Park Road.

You would shoot down 441 and then go west on Palmetto to get to the ride.

There are 5 or 6 different groups that roll out on that ride which is about 30 miles, and vary from a very fast race group (27+) to a wonderful group of guys in their 70's and 80's that ride every Saturday (I hope that will be me someday) at a considerably more civilized pace. A bunch of us roll another 20 or so miles after the group ride as well.

PM me if you would like more info.