PDA

View Full Version : Ask Nick...New(er) column on Velonews

firerescuefin
11-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Velonews has been slipping, but I have been pleasantly suprised by this column. Nick Legan, former pro-wrench answering readers' questions.

http://velonews.competitor.com/tag/ask-nick

rice rocket
11-03-2010, 01:34 AM
How is this different from asking Zinn?

edit: nevermind, more professional racing focused I see.

firerescuefin
11-03-2010, 01:36 AM
RR...read a few of the columns...questions about pro-tour wrenching.

Straz
11-03-2010, 06:54 AM
I've enjoyed reading his perspective. Looking forward to hearing more from him. They should look to add more columnists who support racing rather than are racers. I find that side very interesting.

Tim

xjoex
11-03-2010, 10:38 AM
I like the new "Ask Nick" column. Find it interesting.

Also I still think Velonews is one of the best bike mags if you are interested in reading about bike racing.

-Joe

David Kirk
11-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Way back in the day the Coors Light team used Ford Taurus' as team cars and I got the biggest kick out of how they mounted the racks to the car. The racks were mounted directly to the roof panel and bolted right through to the inside. So when you got in the car there was a bolt and nut showing above your head on the headliner. They just drilled holes right through the roof and called it a day. I wonder what happened to those cars when they were done with them?

Dave

leooooo
11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Way back in the day the Coors Light team used Ford Taurus' as team cars and I got the biggest kick out of how they mounted the racks to the car. The racks were mounted directly to the roof panel and bolted right through to the inside. So when you got in the car there was a bolt and nut showing above your head on the headliner. They just drilled holes right through the roof and called it a day. I wonder what happened to those cars when they were done with them?

Dave

lol

Aesthetics was probably not a team mantra.

rice rocket
11-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Aesthetics or not, the roof is purely cosmetic on most cars (although maybe they made structural sheet metal back in the day, who knows). Ever stood on the roof?

It should be attached to the pillars of the car.