PDA

View Full Version : feeler WTB: Fixed gear wheelset

AngryScientist
10-31-2010, 09:47 PM
looking for a durable set of wheels to run on my fixed gear bike. this is the workhorse i ride through the winter, commuting to work on occasionally, and general rough duty. i'm looking to see whats out there, as the wheels i have now are just cheap junk. bicycle wheel warehouse has formula hubs laced to open pros for ~200, part of me says just buy them, has anyone got anything of interest laying around that they may want to part with.

must haves:

clincher
machined brake track.

thanks!

oliver1850
10-31-2010, 09:57 PM

AngryScientist
11-01-2010, 07:00 AM
thanks oliver, i was looking for something a little nicer than the formula/open pros, particularly the hubset, though deep down i know that combo will exceed my needs.

staggerwing
11-01-2010, 09:30 AM
If you want to go a little wider on the rim, I have a set of Salsa Delgados laced to a Surly hubs.

They came on a Soma Casseroll Singlespeed I purchased off of this group a few weeks back. I wanted the rig to put my SRAM i-Motion 9 wheelset on, so, the singlespeed setup is extra to my needs. The original poster said he put a couple hundred miles on them, but looking closely, I would be surprised if they've gone 20.

Clydesdale
11-01-2010, 09:36 AM
I have a set of CC volos in great shape. Fixed on one side only, black, 120 spacing, clinchers. I really like them but need to find something in 130 spacing.

Let me know if you are interested.