PDA

View Full Version : The Framebuilders "R" Talking...

e-RICHIE
04-27-2005, 07:01 AM
i think & hope this is generic enough to out here:
http://istanbultea.typepad.com/largefellaonabike/
e-RICHIE

ps

:) :) :)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:p :p :p

arrange disorder

M_A_Martin
04-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Nice to see Matt Assenmacher on the list! He's a really interesting guy to talk to. Very nice. Very supportive of the cycling community here in Michigan. I've seen both his bikes and his restoration work. The bikes have been interesting because usually the ones I've seen have been very straight forward bikes built for larger guys...

(He even came over and looked at my Kirk when I rode his century ride.)

Wayne77
04-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Great quote from Matt Assenmacher responding to this question:

Q: Why do you think so many folks have romanticized bicycles & bicycling?

"It is your first real freedom over space and time. It is a machine that becomes a part of you when you operate it, an extension of your muscles and nerves and brains. They are beautiful. They are efficient. They go fast."

Well said.

sspielman
04-28-2005, 01:45 PM
I have always heard that Bruce Gordon was a character...But even in what I assume was his best behavior in the interview, he came across as a contrary old man sheesh.....I have seen some really nice work from him, though.....

Dr. Doofus
04-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Bruce Gordon knows.....

He knows that the customer shouldn't do the geo

He knows how to build a good bike

He knows how to be righteously funny -- got to see him do his SOPWMATOS schtick one year...

GoJavs
04-28-2005, 09:45 PM
It's refreshing to read Joe Starck sounding normal. Over at the i-bobber list, he always sounds extremely odd...!

The interviews are fun. Can't wait to see who shows up next!

djg
04-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Interesting page.

I sent my CSi to Matt Assenmacher for a repaint a while back--I was fishing around, came across his paint page on the web, remembered his rep from my Chicago days, and gave him a call. Good to talk to and I was pleased with the (very reasonably priced) work.