PDA

View Full Version : Positive thoughts out to Dan and Michelle

Pete Serotta
10-29-2010, 10:37 AM
below for From Dan Le foot about Michelle

__________________________________________________ _____________

Six weeks ago while RVing and cycling in Bend, Oregon, Michelle(MSO here)was rushed to the emergency room. A vertebrae calapsed causing a bone fragment to pinch her spinal cord causing partial paralysis. Two major surgeries and 9 days in the hospital.
The cause of the problem was/is a rare blood cancer that attacked the vertebrae turning it to mush.
We are now back home in San Diego and have seen the neorosurgeon and oncologists. Michelle is still in a brace but is looking forward to riding a stationary bike in a few weeks. The cancer part is more uncertain but looks positive so far. Pet scan in the next week______________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

DAN WE HOPE ALL IS ON THE MEND.

FROM THE GANG AND PETE

William
10-29-2010, 10:39 AM
below for From Dan Le foot about Michelle

__________________________________________________ _____________

Six weeks ago while RVing and cycling in Bend, Oregon, Michelle(MSO here)was rushed to the emergency room. A vertebrae calapsed causing a bone fragment to pinch her spinal cord causing partial paralysis. Two major surgeries and 9 days in the hospital.
The cause of the problem was/is a rare blood cancer that attacked the vertebrae turning it to mush.
We are now back home in San Diego and have seen the neorosurgeon and oncologists. Michelle is still in a brace but is looking forward to riding a stationary bike in a few weeks. The cancer part is more uncertain but looks positive so far. Pet scan in the next week______________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

DAN WE HOPE ALL IS ON THE MEND.

FROM THE GANG AND PETE

Our prayers and kind thoughts are with you! Hoping for a speedy recovery.

William

BillG
10-29-2010, 10:59 AM
There's a lot of sickness on the board recently but also a lot of wonderful news of recovery. I hope the recovery extends to MSO and she is climbing on her Serotta in no time and dropping Dan!

dave thompson
10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Dan, prayers from us up here in the north wet. I'll call when we're down in your neck of the woods next month.

All the best my friend!

RABikes2
10-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Michelle and you are being sent lots of prayers and positive thoughts! Wishing for a speedy and complete recovery. Please keep us updated.

Ritaann

thwart
10-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Our thoughts are with you.

mike p
10-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Our love, prayers, and thoughts are with you both. Get well soon.

Mike

Dekonick
10-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Thoughts n prayers.

Elefantino
10-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Adding prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery.

gasman
10-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Best wishes,thoughts and prayers go out to you two.

Steve in SLO
10-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Please add my best wishes. I hope it goes as well as it can.

jimcav
10-29-2010, 10:40 PM
just saw the thread. I'm in SD if you need anything let me know!

jim

dekindy
10-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Best wishes. I have not had a physical the last couple of years because I was hoping to get my cholesterol levels down. Since the level dropped 45 points this past year according to the blood center where I donate blood I should not have any excuses othere than weight. The recent announcements of various ailments have motivated me to schedule it.

93legendti
10-30-2010, 07:49 AM
My best wishes and prayers go out to you two. I'm hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

djg
10-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Our thoughts are with you

rdparadise
10-31-2010, 12:03 AM
Michelle, light ahead for a speedy, pain free recovery and eradication of the cancer. Dan, be well, and take great care of your women. My prayers are for you both, for strength, health and well being.

Regards,

Bob

soulspinner
10-31-2010, 05:59 AM
Prayers and well wishes to you.

tiretrax
10-31-2010, 08:26 AM
for you, michelle, and everyone else on the board who is battling illness.

Dan Le foot
10-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks everyone.
Michelle got the clam shell (back brace) off last week.
I have her Parlee set up on the trainer in the garage. She hopes to be on the road in another six weeks. We are off for a 5-7 mile hike shortly.
It looks like the cancer was localized but there still is cancer cells showing up in the bone marrow. We are encouraged. Radiation treatment to start in a week or so.
Dan

mso
10-31-2010, 12:50 PM
It was so nice to see this thread and read all of your posts. This is such a great board and your words mean a lot. I'm following Pete's example and buying myself something nice. Not quite an Ottrott but a set of new wheels that I'm going to have Joe Young build for me. I'm having lots of fun searching out rims, hubs and of course totaling up the grams. I lost a few lbs. but I'm sure I can get those back once I hit the road. (Muscle loss). So I'm trying for a set under 1350. I've got a set of Stans Alphas coming in at 1250 but Dan's thinks I'm crazy...what do you guys think? Go for it!! :)

mo3039
11-05-2010, 08:00 AM
I think that fits the "take great care of yourself" mode! :beer:

Sending healing thoughts to Michelle and supportive ones to you both...here's to happy hikes and rides ahead!

Pete Serotta
11-05-2010, 11:48 AM
And an even better weekend and next week. PETE

Lucky Jack
11-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Way to go MSO - sweet wheels that are well deserved ! Get 100% healthy !

jghall
11-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Wow, so sorry to hear. Best wishes and tons of prayers!

SEABREEZE
11-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Rather late in reading this post, but well wishes and prayers go out as well.

This board is the greatest...Lots of compasionate folks....