PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Little Bro

theprep
04-26-2005, 01:06 PM
We have a legitimate "racer" in our ranks folks.

Our very own Forum Member and my little brother, "Spicoli" had an excellent NYC Spring Series. Congratulations on your Masters 3rd for the series and 5th place series overall.

Spicoli managed this despite awful luck and finishing in only 6 of the 10 races (3 flat outs, 1 crash).

Listen to your big brother - change tire brands and next time you get the big white envelope, treat for the bagels. ;)

Cheers,
Joe

coylifut
04-26-2005, 01:28 PM
what tires resulted in 3 flats. Oh, and I hope the crash wasn't too serious

Too Tall
04-26-2005, 01:33 PM
AWESOME! congrats my man way to go :)

theprep
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
coylifut

Spicoli actually flatted 4 tires in 10 races. This past Sunday in Prospect Park, Brooklyn he flatted the front wheel 1 mile into the race, I gave him my wheel and limped back to the pits to get another wheel and re-join the race. I couldn't find him in the pack, he flatted the rear 2 miles later.

Another team mate flatted both tires during warm ups.

The tires were Conti Sprinters. When he kept air in his tires, he did pretty well.

Moveitfred
04-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Way to go Spicoli! Way to go theprep! Way to go Kreb! These guys worked their tails off getting up in the middle of the night for the long trek to these races, not to mention the early-season hammer fests in sub-zero temps to get in shape. Great to see some well-deserved results.

coylifut
04-26-2005, 03:29 PM
coylifut

Spicoli actually flatted 4 tires in 10 races. This past Sunday in Prospect Park, Brooklyn he flatted the front wheel 1 mile into the race, I gave him my wheel and limped back to the pits to get another wheel and re-join the race. I couldn't find him in the pack, he flatted the rear 2 miles later.

Another team mate flatted both tires during warm ups.

The tires were Conti Sprinters. When he kept air in his tires, he did pretty well.

that's alot of glue. glad he did so well

Kevin
04-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Kreb Cycles rules. Now I just have to determine which one of you guys is using the forum name Spicoli. Congratulations.

Kevin

Too Tall
04-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Prep - I am really impressed with your teamwork that makes racing fun. I am not fond of the everyoneforhimself approach...not as much fun. Is this a 40+ race?

theprep
04-27-2005, 07:03 AM
TooTall - Masters 35 +, this is a fast group, they catch the P,1,2,3 on occasion. Even thought it is fast it is much smoother, safer and friendlier than a Cat 4 race. Guys have been around a while, and will actually point out potholes, tell you what lap we are on, etc.

I could not agree more, riding as a team is so much more fun. It is hard to see in the photo, but Spicoli's last lead out man is right behind him. He held on to finish 3rd.

Spicoli
04-27-2005, 10:34 AM
THANKS GUY'S it was a crap load of fun (even on 2hrs sleep). Good times with good people I dont blame the tires, just luck. "sometimes your the windshield, others the bug" Thanks Prep always first guy there pulling his wheel off on more than one occassion, and the Prep's got some nice wheels to pick from!

Too Tall
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
"Spicoli's last lead out man is right behind him. He held on to finish 3rd."

EXACTLY!!! that is too cool. Same deal for me a few weeks ago. I helped two guys get firsts and I rolled to 2 5ths. Made me happy.

gasman
04-27-2005, 01:02 PM
congratulations- sounds like your team has a good thing going.Nice

Spicoli
04-27-2005, 07:43 PM
"Spicoli's last lead out man is right behind him. He held on to finish 3rd."

EXACTLY!!! that is too cool. Same deal for me a few weeks ago. I helped two guys get firsts and I rolled to 2 5ths. Made me happy.

The sprint in the photo was a funky one, my leadout got me to the last two Colavita guy's train (red guys), right when they started to kick at about 200meters. Jumped on them for like 2 seconds and went. My last man never had to kick so he just jumped himself. Worked out great for us. :D In about a month I'll be eatin wind for him. Ying/Yang