PDA

View Full Version : We need more storage space for PM’s !!!

Louis
04-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Is it just me, or are you constantly running out of space for PMs? Sometimes I like to keep stuff for future reference, so I don’t delete everything, and right now I have a hard time getting below 60, which means that I have a buffer of only 10 messages. A few times back-and-forth, and bang, I’m up against the limit. I know you can save them on your own computer, but that’s a hassle and then you can’t just reply or forward easily.

Given how inexpensive server storage space is these days, and how little space text takes up, I suggest that we agitate for a higher limit…

To the barricades! Anybody else with me?

Louis

Needs Help
04-26-2005, 12:20 PM
I know you can save them on your own computer, but that’s a hassle
One nice feature of the vBulletin software is that you can download all your PM's in one shot: you click on the "Check All" checkbox, and then choose "download as text file". But, I understand your point as well--storage is cheap. :)

BumbleBeeDave
04-26-2005, 12:27 PM
. . . had what he called his "theory of filing cabinets."

under this theory--which I have found out to be absolutely correct--no matter how many filing cabinets you purchase and install, employees will fill them up almost immediately with stuff and then insist to the death that EVERYTHING they have saved is ABSOLUTELY vital and NONE of it can be thrown away. Then they will complain they don't have enough filing cabinets.

He was a very wise man.

BBDave

M_A_Martin
04-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Yep, storage is cheap on your computer too.

If it were only your PMs I'd agree, but think of how many users are on this board? How many images? I have the same storage issue...I deal with it. Serotta is nice enough to make space for this bb, can you imagine the space they need to store all the PMs we all go through?

Dave, I like the filing cabinet analogy...it's so true.

Climb01742
04-26-2005, 12:40 PM
maybe just print the ones you wanna keep. having recently cleaned out my mom's house, i think we, as a species, save way too much stuff. toss it. :beer:

flydhest
04-26-2005, 12:48 PM
for example, I only save the private messages from Climb. One day, you'll see those puppies up on e-bay and I'll be able to retire.

William
04-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah! I want to save all the PM's I keep getting from Ginger. :banana: :banana: :banana:

William ;)

M_A_Martin
04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Why not? I saved all of yours William!

I'm actually with Climb: Get rid of the junk...unless it's the answer to an actionable item...in which case, save it, print it, sell it.

:)

flydhest
04-26-2005, 01:05 PM
what was that about Ginger's PMS?

M_A_Martin
04-26-2005, 01:07 PM
And you wonder why more females don't post up on this board...

flydhest
04-26-2005, 01:28 PM
And you wonder why more females don't post up on this board...

actually, for me, it's never been much of a mystery . . .

Sandy
04-26-2005, 07:18 PM
How can I possibly get rid of all 200 PMs that Kevan sends me each day? Or at least the 197 romantic ones?? :)

Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
. . . you put them together into a play--”The Kevagina Monologues”--and it becomes an instant hit on broadway. Worked for Eve Ensler . . . ;)

Boy, am I gonna get in trouble for THIS one . . . :rolleyes:

BBDave

Kevin
04-27-2005, 05:21 AM
. . . you put them together into a play--”The Kevagina Monologues”--and it becomes an instant hit on broadway. Worked for Eve Ensler . . . ;)

Boy, am I gonna get in trouble for THIS one . . . :rolleyes:

BBDave

BBdave,

I think I have found a new sex name to use on the wife. Thanks.

Kevin

slowgoing
04-27-2005, 05:53 AM
Hey, free is free. Start asking for more free stuff and suddenly this becomes a paid site, or the cost of a Legend suddenly goes up a few bucks. Hardly worth it when you could just delete your old pms or use the email option.

Of course, you could always donate a new server....

I'll pm you to discuss this in more detail.

Louis
04-27-2005, 10:22 AM
I'll pm you to discuss this in more detail.

Ha, ha, ha. Maybe I can set up a "rule" to ignore all PM's from Slowgoing... :p

OK, I get the message. No one else feels strongly enough about this to do anything about it. I'll just have to clean up my folder...

Louis

PanTerra
04-27-2005, 12:07 PM
WOW, Y'all get PMs?