PDA

View Full Version : WTB: tandem for shorter captain

toasttoast
10-26-2010, 10:23 PM
My girlfriend and I had a Colin Laing tandem for a little bit earlier this year -- we liked it and started to have some fun, but it fit us horribly and we re-sold it.

Been casually looking for a new one for a while, and just now got the idea to see what was available among Serotta forum folks.

Dimensions-wise, the front end should be no more than 55cm TT, and ~53cm would be preferred. Something with a semi-compact geo would be nice for standover issues, or it could be a traditional ST up to ~53cm. The "stoker" is about the same size as me, but prefers a more upright position. With stoker stems, I suppose just about any size could work. Steel preferred, aluminum is fine, too.

Other than the frame fitting us, I don't care too much about the build. Drop bars preferred, though a "mountain" set-up with a rigid fork is usable. Cantis or discs, 7-8-9 speed, we're flexible.

So... any answers for this long-shot request?

pdmtong
10-27-2010, 02:18 AM
are you looking for a road tandem or a mtn tandem? got a 15/14 ventana ECDM

DfCas
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
This CoMotion is advertised in several places, including eBay. No connection to seller.

http://www.tandemmag.com/classified/

54ny77
10-27-2010, 12:06 PM
what's your budget?

the cannondale road tandem (2 or 3) is hard to beat in terms of complete bike/value.

if you want something custom, that opens up the window of options, of course.

toasttoast
10-27-2010, 01:27 PM
We'd love to stay around $800, but $1K is probably a more realistic goal. That cuts off a lot of the high-end setups, but leaves plenty of decent, middle-ground stuff (older Santanas, Cannondales, Burleys).

We were able to get the Colin Laing for under $400, but that was, as said, poorly fitting (and had 5spd, 27" wheels!).

are you looking for a road tandem or a mtn tandem? got a 15/14 ventana ECDM

we'll be riding on the road, but are open to a mountain/hybrid frame, so long as there's no suspension

weaponsgrade
10-27-2010, 02:56 PM
there's an awesome deal for a burley tandem on sfcraigslist: $150. if i didn't already have one i'd pick it up.

Al Bundy
10-27-2010, 03:22 PM
have pm'ed OP
Santana Noventa small/small