PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

cu155
04-26-2005, 07:14 AM
I figured that I would introduce myself since I've been lurking for a while.

My name's Ben and I'm currently finishing up my senior year at Cornell where I'm studying political science and asian studies. I don't own a Serotta (yet) and I'm actually primarily a lightweight rower. Like most of us I started riding bikes when I was little (er) than I am now. I first got serious when I starting racing xc mountain bikes. The roadie thing happened when I decided I was burned out on rowing but still needed extra workouts so I spent my summer three years ago on a road bike instead of on the water rowing. I fell in love and I've been doing a lot of riding ever since, including racing bikes when I'm not racing boats. The fact that I'm not riding a serotta bothers me a little bit since I AM in upstate new york and I drive near saratoga on my way home to vermont for vacations. It's not so bad though, right now I'm riding a Strong and it's a decidedly excellent bike. This summer after I graduate and before I start working I'm planning on A) biking cross country with some friends that I live with or B) going to France and following the tour on bike. Next year I'll be in China teaching English and improving my Mandarin before more school or a 'Real' job. This forum is great and definitely moves beyond most of the garbage that one finds elsewhere.

Just wanted to say hi.

Happy spinning (or mashing depending on your style),

Ben

Tom
04-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Welcome. Where in Vermont? I'm from Hartland originally.

Bradford
04-26-2005, 07:44 AM
I loved the riding when I was at Cornell (Johnson School, ’96). Other than some hairy moments riding through the Octopus, you have some of the best roads you will ever ride.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Ithaca.

dirtdigger88
04-26-2005, 07:44 AM
welcome- check your brain at the door and you will fit in nicely

Jason

bcm119
04-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Welcome Ben. You are lucky to live in Ithaca, the riding is beautiful around there.

mtflycaster
04-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Johnson School grad, 1983. Yes, I'm old.

It rained and snowed most of the time I was there.

scrooge
04-26-2005, 02:23 PM
IThis summer after I graduate and before I start working I'm planning on A) biking cross country with some friends that I live with or B) going to France and following the tour on bike.

Welcome.
What are you going to ride if you do the cross country thing? Any thoughts on routes?

weisan
04-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi cu155, there's a dragon-draped Serotta with some weird chinese characters decals that just showed up recently, do you mind going over there and help us out with some translation? :D

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=8043&page=1&pp=15

Welcome Aboard!

arsegas
04-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Go Big Red!

- Eric
Cornell '94

arsegas
04-27-2005, 12:21 AM
By the way, if you choose option #2 and go to France for the Tour de France, I've signed up for the Erickson French Alps Classic (http://ecycletours.com/). If you end up signing up with them by any chance (last I checked, they still have slots avail), please let me know.

Oh, and have fun on your final Slope Day next week!