PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for a new owner?

g3neration
04-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Hiya, new member of the forums here. In 12 hrs I'll be getting my new Serotta :banana: . Posted some pics here

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=8043

So anything I need to know? I've been trying to find out any info about bike insurance but apparently there is none. :crap: Next best thing is what? Heard something about some crash protection from Serotta? :confused:

H.Frank Beshear
04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Check under the service heading on the main page a drop down menu will have the owners club info on it. Cool decals what do the chainstays say. Frank

bulliedawg
04-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Ride her like you stole her!

g3neration
04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Says Serotta on the chainstay. And I think most ppl would probably think I did steal her. :D

Tom Byrnes
04-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Welcome,

If you are a homeowner, you can probably get your bike covered with a rider to your homeowner's insurance policy.

I am sure that you will enjoy your new bike.

Tom

700 x 23c
04-25-2005, 09:37 PM
As an owner of a Serotta for two days, I can tell you my bike is sleeping in the house instead of the garage. I want to call my homeowners insurance to see if it is covered under the current policy or consider adding a rider to the policy.

g3neration
04-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Good thing currently I dont have a girlfriend. Otherwise she's going to be dumping me since it'll be a question of her or the bike....think I know my answer :D

Tom
04-26-2005, 05:09 AM
If you have homeowners insurance, talk to them. My company (Amica) told me that the bikes are protected against theft no matter where they are and if they get destroyed in the house they get replaced. I even have a letter to that effect.

In my safe deposit box. I'm taking no chances!

Kevin
04-26-2005, 05:33 AM
If you have homeowners insurance, talk to them. My company (Amica) told me that the bikes are protected against theft no matter where they are and if they get destroyed in the house they get replaced. I even have a letter to that effect.

In my safe deposit box. I'm taking no chances!

My carrier told me the same thing. In addition, I am a member of the owners club so I have the crash protection as well.

Kevin

g3neration
04-26-2005, 06:03 AM
Does this raise the insurance because you're adding something to the insurance or is it automatically covered...if my policy even covers it?

Tom
04-26-2005, 06:36 AM
In my case it was part of the regular policy, no direct price increase.

g3neration
04-26-2005, 06:37 AM
Guess I'll be needing me a very detailed reciept :D

dirtdigger88
04-26-2005, 06:38 AM
If you are a home owner your policy should automaticly cover it just like anything else in your home- you will want to verify your coverage if the bike get stolen outside the home- I have State Farm- my home owners policy covers my bikes- if you are a renter- get renters insurance

Jason

ps- nice ride dude

Idris Icabod
04-26-2005, 10:28 AM
g3neration,
A very nice job, kudos to you sir!
Just wondering, HED 3 do not come with a Campy freehub (or so I thought), which cassette are you running? I would love a pair but my LBS put me off.