PDA

View Full Version : DT 240 Shimano to Campy 11

aoe
10-25-2010, 10:32 AM
I've looked around and have seen some conflicting info. Does anyone know if the dt240 shimano hub can be converted to fit a campy 11 cassette? I've read of some clearance issues.

If it's not possible, what would it take to switch to the WI H3 on a set of edge 1.38 tubulars? I'd prefer not to have to do this.

Thanks!

AndrewS
10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
You could ask these guys if this will work on your hub:
http://wheelsmfg.com/content/view/890/40/

Or replace the freehub and dustcap with the DT kit:
http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222353814/595/DT-Swiss-240-Campagnolo.html

ThasFACE
10-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Pull off the shimano freehub and replace with a Campy freehub and you'll be good to go. The dt240 Campy freehub is both 10 and 11 compatible.

The ability to easily switch back and forth between shimano and campy11 (without need for a re-dish) was one of the reasons I went dt240 on pretty much all of my wheels.

aoe
10-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Decided to give the wheels mfg, Accelerator 11, a try. One part because it's plug and play and 3 parts because I spoke with these guys this morning and their customer service is fantastic. I needed to buy an 11-speed cassette as well, so this kills 2 birds...

The LBS listed in my area(but not my LBS of choice) as a reseller had their heads up their arse and when I called wheels mfg back they said they'd just sell me one directly, get one out to me today, free shipping, and apologized for the hassles. I'll happily recommend these guys going forward.

I'll keep you posted on how it works but after talking at length with them, I'm confident it'll be fine.

Thanks AndrewS for the recc.

aoe
10-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Pull off the shimano freehub and replace with a Campy freehub and you'll be good to go. The dt240 Campy freehub is both 10 and 11 compatible.

The ability to easily switch back and forth between shimano and campy11 (without need for a re-dish) was one of the reasons I went dt240 on pretty much all of my wheels.

Thanks, that's what my original plan was until I read of some spacing issues with the 240 and the 11 cassette...although the information was far from conclusive.

I'm trying the accelerator 11 for now, but thanks for the intel....

AndrewS
10-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Decided to give the wheels mfg, Accelerator 11, a try. One part because it's plug and play and 3 parts because I spoke with these guys this morning and their customer service is fantastic. I needed to buy an 11-speed cassette as well, so this kills 2 birds...

The LBS listed in my area(but not my LBS of choice) as a reseller had their heads up their arse and when I called wheels mfg back they said they'd just sell me one directly, get one out to me today, free shipping, and apologized for the hassles. I'll happily recommend these guys going forward.

I'll keep you posted on how it works but after talking at length with them, I'm confident it'll be fine.

Thanks AndrewS for the recc.
So the Wheels guys okayed that particular hub? It won't work on a CK, for instance.

aoe
10-25-2010, 12:58 PM
So the Wheels guys okayed that particular hub? It won't work on a CK, for instance.

Yeah, plug and play on the DT240....according to them.

AndrewS
10-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Cool. I didn't even think this was possible until someone told me about it. That last cog must be almost on top of the flange.

leooooo
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM
O wow, is this for real?

This can save me alot of future head aches.
Please report back on shifting quality and fit please!

BTW how much does it run? Can't find a price anywhere.

Marcusaurelius
10-25-2010, 08:43 PM
It's $89 at excel sports but i can remember seeing it somewhere for $59.

leooooo
10-26-2010, 05:19 AM
I don't even see it in their catalog, nor anyone else's for that matter.
:crap:

oldpotatoe
10-26-2010, 07:44 AM
It's $89 at excel sports but i can remember seeing it somewhere for $59.

??

http://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?page=8&description=Cassette+10+Speed&vendorCode=WHEELS&major=1&minor=10

No 11s cogset listed.

Their Accel 10s cogset have always been around $140, doubt the Accel 11s will be $89.

AngryScientist
10-26-2010, 08:03 AM
definitely keep us posted on how this thing works.

aoe
10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
just got it in the mail today. I'll throw it on and test it out tomorrow and report back.

FYI, I paid around $220 for the accelerator 11 direct from the oem.

Marcusaurelius
10-28-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't even see it in their catalog, nor anyone else's for that matter.
:crap:

It's listed under small parts on the excel website.

It's also listed on the dt swiss website under accessories/hub conversion kits and it's called, rotor kit campagnolo 240s (9/10/11 speed).

leooooo
11-01-2010, 01:54 PM
It's listed under small parts on the excel website.

It's also listed on the dt swiss website under accessories/hub conversion kits and it's called, rotor kit campagnolo 240s (9/10/11 speed).

Went through every sub-category on excelsports site and can only find the 10 speed one.

The one for sale on DT site is just a hub conversion. Was actually more interested in the Wheels Manf. product where the cassette is splined for Shimano hubs but fits Campy.

Thanks for the effort though!

just got it in the mail today. I'll throw it on and test it out tomorrow and report back.

FYI, I paid around $220 for the accelerator 11 direct from the oem.

So how did it work out for ya? Hopefully shifting was smooth and the fit on the hub was fine?

220 sounds like a very fair price. Hub conversion + cassette would have easily ran alot more.

oldpotatoe
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Went through every sub-category on excelsports site and can only find the 10 speed one.

The one for sale on DT site is just a hub conversion. Was actually more interested in the Wheels Manf. product where the cassette is splined for Shimano hubs but fits Campy.

Thanks for the effort though!

So how did it work out for ya? Hopefully shifting was smooth and the fit on the hub was fine?

220 sounds like a very fair price. Hub conversion + cassette would have easily ran alot more.

Chorus 11s cogset and DT freehub body is about $240..for info.

aoe
11-01-2010, 05:00 PM
all in all, it works great.

Install was very easy, it really is plug and play. I imagine they are able to get the 11th cog in by getting it very close to the flange. They provide a few 1mm and .3mm spacers to use in case the cassette is too close to the flange and/or spokes. In my case, I used 2 .3mm spacers.

Only was able to take it out for 45 mins before the world series started but shifted through cleanly and was quiet with the record 11 chain.

So, I'd recommend for now. I'll update if I experience any issues down the road.

leooooo
11-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Thanks aoe
:beer: