PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service REALLY still exists

jmeloy
10-23-2010, 10:15 AM
SO, I have a biz trip and decided to combine it with a stop at a bike shop outside of Philly to look at some Pegs. I write them and learn that, with a one-day trip and my flight schedule, I won't be there during the hours when the shop is open. Tell them "darn maybe next time" and the owner writes me back and sez he'll stay late and wait and would I like them to send a car to the airport and get me and then drop me at my hotel after the visit. HOLY CRAP!!!

Very very rare in this day and age and just blew me totally away. Ought to be a fun visit!

Ozz
10-23-2010, 10:29 AM
SO, I have a biz trip and decided to combine it with a stop at a bike shop outside of Philly to look at some Pegs. I write them and learn that, with a one-day trip and my flight schedule, I won't be there during the hours when the shop is open. Tell them "darn maybe next time" and the owner writes me back and sez he'll stay late and wait and would I like them to send a car to the airport and get me and then drop me at my hotel after the visit. HOLY CRAP!!!

Very very rare in this day and age and just blew me totally away. Ought to be a fun visit!
....it also sounds like you probably have an obligation to buy something! ;)

Very cool...the owner is working hard to take care his customers and potential customers.

Kudos to him.

RADaines
10-23-2010, 12:51 PM

What shop is it?

soulspinner
10-24-2010, 05:04 AM

Are you a Saudi prince or foreign ambassador? :cool:

AngryScientist
10-24-2010, 08:02 AM
wow, that is super customer service.

i probably would have humbly declined unless i was very seriously considering making a big purchase, especially since it's a business trip, and you probably have expenses covered anyway.

onto the important part, make sure to update this with some nice pics! have fun.

jmeloy
10-24-2010, 10:01 AM
wow, that is super customer service.

i probably would have humbly declined unless i was very seriously considering making a big purchase, especially since it's a business trip, and you probably have expenses covered anyway.

onto the important part, make sure to update this with some nice pics! have fun.
as I have a rental booked for my business meeting. Just the offer was what blew me away as well as the owner's willingness to stay after closing to let me in.

Do plan to buy something!....Bikyle in Bryn Mawr.

mike p
10-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Might be more telling of the state of our economy than the shops customer service. Ck out e-bay prices! I was in a motorcycle shop the other day and the owner was saying this was the worst year he's ever had in his twenty years in business!

Mike

RABikes2
10-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Might be more telling of the state of our economy than the shops customer service. Ck out e-bay prices! I was in a motorcycle shop the other day and the owner was saying this was the worst year he's ever had in his twenty years in business! Mike

And THAT might be one of the (biggest) reasons it's his (and other small business owners) nightmare. Support your local shops and small businesses as that is where customer service is and we need to keep business local for them to survive in this economy.

Customer service is a dying art form. Good on the owner for exhibiting quality in his customer service (no matter what the reason he had).

Rant over ...

RA

mike p
10-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Agreed.

Mike

And THAT might be one of the (biggest) reasons it's his (and other small business owners) nightmare. Support your local shops and small businesses as that is where customer service is and we need to keep business local for them to survive in this economy.

Customer service is a dying art form. Good on the owner for exhibiting quality in his customer service (no matter what the reason he had).

Rant over ...

RA