PDA

View Full Version : Latex tubes for CX clinchers

LiteFM
10-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Worth it? Less pinch flats? I hear mixed reviews. I'm currently running Challenge Fango 32's and seeking an appropriate tube. Shall I shell out the extra bucks for Challenge's latex tubes? Can anyone suggest other tubes from experience?

djg
10-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Worth it? Less pinch flats? I hear mixed reviews. I'm currently running Challenge Fango 32's and seeking an appropriate tube. Shall I shell out the extra bucks for Challenge's latex tubes? Can anyone suggest other tubes from experience?

Bought two of the challenge tubes. Seemed great out of the package. Defects in both, I think, big blow-out with one -- very short lived. It's only two tubes, and maybe that's just bad luck, but that's my experience with them.

rockdude
10-23-2010, 07:52 AM
I have read some other people have problems with Challenge's latex tubes. I also bought two tubes and the first blew out as I pumped it up. I haven't tried the second one yet.

Dave B
10-23-2010, 08:28 AM
I have been using the green Michelin ones and have had not one problem. I cannot detect any huge benefit over a regular tube, but if I have not pinch flatted as a result then it was worth it.

I have never tried the challenge ones, but the Michelin ones are peaches so far.