PDA

View Full Version : Rides around East Lansing, MI?

thwart
10-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Going to be in the MSU area for most of the week, with some free time, so bringing a bike. Weather forecast sounds less than favorable, but I'm riding regardless.

Anyone have interesting ride suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

93legendti
10-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey,
Looks like good info here:
http://www.trails.com/activity.aspx?area=12653
http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=XFA063-030

jeo99
10-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Going to be in the MSU area for most of the week, with some free time, so bringing a bike. Weather forecast sounds less than favorable, but I'm riding regardless.

Anyone have interesting ride suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Actually, for MI. the weather is great for October. This is my favorite time of year.

:beer:

SpeedyChix
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Sent you a PM, I'm local to the area and can get you some routes. Maybe even a ride.

JER3
10-17-2010, 09:24 PM
I used to live there. One of my favorite rides was from Haslett north to Sleep Hollow State park. There also used to be a group ride Wednesday evenings that left from one of the large parking areas on the south end of campus and headed South on Eden road to Leslie. Can't say what the roads are like now as its been quite a while. Have fun!

zmudshark
10-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm in Ann Arbor. I know of some real nice rides in the Western Wastenaw/Eastern Jackson County area, if you want to drive a bit. They would be South of I-94, and East of US 127. Great rural roads, little traffic and rolling hills.

I'm a fair weather rider, and older and slower than you. PM me if you want to ride.

TMB
10-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm in Ann Arbor. I know of some real nice rides in the Western Wastenaw/Eastern Jackson County area, if you want to drive a bit. They would be South of I-94, and East of US 127. Great rural roads, little traffic and rolling hills.

I'm a fair weather rider, and older and slower than you. PM me if you want to ride.

hahahahahahahaahhahahahahah .......

Don't believe him when he says that.

It's a trap.

zmudshark
10-18-2010, 04:08 PM
hahahahahahahaahhahahahahah .......

Don't believe him when he says that.

It's a trap.

Yeah, a trap, sorta like when you set me up for 'easy' rides in PHX with a Cat2 racer.

I am officially closer to 60 than any other age, and have all of 25 miles for October, and those were with the Mrs.

Pay no attention to 2many, his Canadian mean streak is showing. I can meet you halfway for a ride, Thwart, as long as it's not raining ;)

TMB
10-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah, a trap, sorta like when you set me up for 'easy' rides in PHX with a Cat2 racer.

I am officially closer to 60 than any other age, and have all of 25 miles for October, and those were with the Mrs.

Pay no attention to 2many, his Canadian mean streak is showing. I can meet you halfway for a ride, Thwart, as long as it's not raining ;)

In my defence....... I did NOT know that he was a Cat 2 Racer.

In fact I did not know he was any sort of racer.

My bad.

And your total October miles is simply untrue. It ignores the miles you got on ....... for example ....... October 3 ..??

I, on the other hand am pleased to report that I am quickly approaching fat and fabulous since I have not been on a bike since AZ.

I did look at one in the basement the other day though. ;)

thwart
10-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Well... thanks, I think... ;)

Cat 2, I'm definitely not. I'll PM ya. Hills are good.

zmudshark
10-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Yes, 2many, you are right, again (damn Canadians).

I have ridden once since the Tour de Scottsdale. Thwart would laugh at me. Mock, even.

I am resisting turning this into a 'slam the baby seal killers' thread, as easy as that would be.

I'd like to ride w/Thwart, if it works out.

I've bought stuff from him with much satisfaction, he's a square guy, and would like to ride with him, to complete the circle.