PDA

View Full Version : Speedream Wheels

mso
10-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Anyone recently do a build with Dave for Road Wheels? If so how do you like the wheels?

John H.
10-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I just got a new set from Dave for my 29'er.
About my 4th set of Speedream wheels. Last set lasted 5 years- I finally dented the back rim on a rock or they would likely still be going strong.

cadence90
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm going on my 8th (I think, or 9th) year on SpeedDreams with Velocity Fusion rims; W. I. LTA and Racer-X hubs; Sapim CX-Rays...they are still perfect. I highly recommend Dave.

RPS
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Anyone recently do a build with Dave for Road Wheels? If so how do you like the wheels?
Not recently but have and ride three of his sets of wheels. Two are Speeddream in design and third is on a road tandem. They are all old now but have held up great -- only replaced front bearings.

scrubadub
10-17-2010, 09:27 PM
but my road wheels from over 10 years ago are still going strong. Just got the rear trued slightly, which is the first time they've needed it. Am Classic front hub, Chorus rear to Aerohead rims.

wooly
10-18-2010, 12:35 PM
I've had two wheelsets built by Dave. The first was a road wheelset with tune hubs and velocity rims and the second is a 29er set with king hubs and stans rims. His quality is very very good. I had the road set for three years before selling them to try something else. I just got the 29er set last year. Both got a lot of miles. I would (and will) buy from Dave again.

malcolm
10-18-2010, 01:40 PM
I've got a set that is probably going on ten years old, still ride them occasionally, they have a ton of miles and have never needed anything. Velocity aeroheads with white ind hubs.