PDA

View Full Version : Spectrum and repaint

Kingfisher
10-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Does anyone know if Tom Kellogg @ Spectrum does frame repaint at his shop or does he send out this custom frames??

mschol17
10-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Tom is the painter

PaMtbRider
10-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Tom not only paints his own frames, he also does repaints and restoration work.

lverma
10-17-2010, 11:15 AM
I just got my custom Spectrum and had given Tom a quite challenging paint pattern. He came thru is flying colors. Cost was also reasonable.

My frame is posted in the custom bike section if you want to see what he can do.

LV

Pete Serotta
10-17-2010, 11:24 AM
That I have seen......He does a wonderful job for all brands and has even over the years done repairs/repaints for a few of the European Imports.

He and Joe Bell are two of the ones that I prefer - - in addition to SEROTTA :D

PETE

scrubadub
10-17-2010, 09:28 PM
I had Jeff and Tom build me a steel fork to match my steel frame as well as a repaint due to some light rust. They did a great job and it looks brand new.

learlove
10-18-2010, 08:37 PM
yes have tom paint your bike. he did 2 of mine are they are awsome. my latest steel frame has a basic powdercoat (it was faster) done by someone else. once it gets banged/scratched up i'll bring it to tom for a better one.

trophyoftexas
10-18-2010, 08:46 PM
That I have seen......He does a wonderful job for all brands and has even over the years done repairs/repaints for a few of the European Imports.

He and Joe Bell are two of the ones that I prefer - - in addition to SEROTTA :D

PETE

Complete agreement with SP from me....my three favorite paint jobs were done by JB, TK, and the Serotta shop! Gee's Pete, I guess great minds DO think alike! ;)

lhuerta
11-16-2010, 09:42 PM
lverma & lyenhuang
Could you please share how much the respray/refinishing job cost and what sort of turnaround time Tom Kellog delivered?
Thanks,
LH

nahtnoj
11-16-2010, 10:21 PM
The Googles are your friend:

http://www.spectrum-cycles.com/24.htm

Download the refinishing form and all the mysteries of the universe will be revealed to you.