PDA

View Full Version : corsa 0.1 vs corsa extra

Climb01742
01-29-2004, 02:00 PM
there's a merckx corsa 0.1 on ebay. anyone know how an 0.1 differs from a corsa extra? thanks.

dbrk: weren't you looking for a corsa 0.1, or am i confused (note: very possible, if not likely)?

MadRocketSci
01-29-2004, 02:37 PM
To the best of my knowledge:

Corsa 0.1 is a current model, built with the Dedaccai 0.1 tubeset (with ovalization), now called Dedaccai 12.5 or something. It's basically the non-heat treated version of 14.5. I think.

Corsa Extra is made from Columbus SLX or TSX. Depending on the year. Check the tube sticker. Made in late 80's early 90's I believe, then was upgraded to Corsa 0.1 when Eddy upgraded tubes. The Extra stands for the SLX vs. SL tubeset, which was used on the Corsa.

No idea about the difference in ride...

I think this knowledge can be found in the archives...

still looking for 7-eleven...

Marron
01-29-2004, 03:33 PM
I own a Coursa Extra with race geometry and it rides as you would expect; a great steel bike. I've never ridden an 01 but I do have a review in one of the Brit cycling mags and they characterized it as a great steel bike. I know that isn't helpful for drawing a distinction, but I don't think you'd go wrong on the 01. I read somewhere that they were actually built in Italy for Merckx and aside from the trivia value I don't think it would effect the quality or ride.

As a friend of mine always say,"There are bikes as good as a Merckx, there are just none better.".

chrisroph
01-30-2004, 01:17 PM
I've got a 0.1 and its a great riding steel bike. It is however, rather cobbily built and has paint of questionable durability but it rides with the magic of a merckx.