PDA

View Full Version : Cycling inflation

spartacus
10-12-2010, 05:07 AM
A pair of full custom Bont cycling shoes is 1,200 Australian Dollars.

Made in China.

konstantkarma
10-12-2010, 08:11 AM
How many REAL dollars is that? :) :) :D

Charles M
10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
right now it's almost 1 to 1...

It would be 1175 or so.

dancinkozmo
10-12-2010, 08:47 AM
How many REAL dollars is that? :) :) :D

the U.S "real" dollars have plunged in recent years against austrailia and canada....

Ahneida Ride
10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Have not been any real dollars since the late 60;s

Just non redeemable shopping coupons issued by a private entity
(created outta thin air by typing into a computer spreadsheet)
on which We, the people, pay interest.

interest on nothing is infinite interest. :crap:

spartacus
10-12-2010, 08:55 AM

Just non redeemable shopping coupons issued by a private entity
(created outta thin air by typing into a computer spreadsheet)
on which We, the people, pay interest.

interest on nothing is infinite interest. :crap:

Yes, it's all in the hands of private capital, which is all in the hands of private people, who hide behind the hands of the political class they employ, and make merry while everyone else pays for it.

sg8357
10-12-2010, 09:26 AM

"If they dare to come out in the open field and defend the gold standard as a good thing, we shall fight them to the uttermost, having behind us the producing masses of the nation and the world. Having behind us the commercial interests and the laboring interests and all the toiling masses, we shall answer their demands for a gold standard by saying to them, you shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns. You shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold." William Jennings Bryan

shorelocal
10-12-2010, 11:34 AM
A pair of full custom Bont cycling shoes is 1,200 Australian Dollars.

Made in China.

Are Bonts really made in China? I thought they were all made is Oz ... not that 1200 AUS dollars isn't insane.

Charles M
10-12-2010, 11:45 AM
given the fit and materials and ventilation of something Like D2... I see virtually no need for Bont at that price.

Uncle Jam's Army
10-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Bont A-One's available at Colorado Cyclist for $299 American "real" dollars. Bought a pair a month ago and they're perfect for me.

Nil Else
10-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Money comes and money goes... empires rise and empires fall... money, possession, *reality*... these are things... relative... illusion... mirage. So enjoy, be good to each other... leave good legacy... something other than head-in-the-sand greed... before we all go back being stardust floating across the Universe to continue on this magical mystery tour called Cosmic Journey.

:eek: :confused: ... Otay, I taking a nap.