PDA

View Full Version : Graphic! Male Problem while riding

Satellite
10-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Does anyone have a problem with their male member getting engulfed by foreskin? I am circumcised this is very annoying I have to constantly reach in for an adjustment it is getting worse and a bit embarrassing.

I am wondering if it’s a fitting issue or would a cut out saddle help the situation. I currently ride on the Fizik Alainte.

I am sure I will get some good ribbing out of this thread, but some help would also be nice.

Satellite

dave thompson
10-09-2010, 10:49 PM
It's improper fit/adjustment of your shorts. You should also apply some lube in that area.

eddief
10-09-2010, 10:50 PM
it is going to be a long winter.

At least we can be assured your stem is not too short.

Please post a photo so we know what you are talking about.

I'd like to request a separate section for bodily-function-related topics.

I recommend we do not allow anyone to post about their dangly thing until they have at least 500 general topic postings.

Nil Else
10-09-2010, 10:57 PM
I recommend we do not allow anyone to post about their dangly thing until they have at least 500 general topic postings.

Thank God...

Steve in SLO
10-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Satellite,
If you are circumcised and getting 'engulfed' by foreskin, then something isn't right. I've done over 1K circs. PM me and we'll talk. If you still have my # feel free to call on Monday.

Satellite
10-09-2010, 11:11 PM
it is going to be a long winter.

At least we can be assured your stem is not too short.

My stem is normal, NOT too Short, NOT too Long (110 range).

Please post a photo so we know what you are talking about.

You don't want a photo of that area trust me, I don't even like looking in that general direction.

I'd like to request a separate section for bodily-function-related topics.

I don't want any disscussion about sections or separation of bodily stuff.

I will wait to repost dangly things when I get to 500 postings, but it won't be in good taste.

Satellite

Satellite
10-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Satellite,
If you are circumcised and getting 'engulfed' by foreskin, then something isn't right. I've done over 1K circs. PM me and we'll talk. If you still have my # feel free to call on Monday.
Steve,

I assure you I am properly circumcised at 40 years of age I am sure NOT going under the knife to remove any more of that area. It just gets trutle maybe foreskin isn't the right word.

Satellite

Louis
10-09-2010, 11:18 PM
My stem is normal, NOT too Short, NOT too Long (110 range).

TMI

Please, this is a family forum. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Steve in SLO
10-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Steve,

I assure you I am properly circumcised at 40 years of age I am sure NOT going under the knife to remove any more of that area. It just gets trutle maybe foreskin isn't the right word.

Satellite
It wasn't even in my thoughts that you'd need a 'trim'. I am just conversant with the mechanics of the area and might be able to help...from afar.
I just noticed this is my 1300th post. Look how far I've come, from talking about bikes to male bits. Huh.

Louis
10-09-2010, 11:34 PM
It wasn't even in my thoughts that you'd need a 'trim'.

OK, I wasn't going to post any more to this thread, but with all the talk of "dangly thing trims" and saddle-sore excisions, I'm just happy I'm not suffering from any other potential issues down there...

Good luck. Discussing anything "below the waist" in an open forum like this is always an adventure. ;)

Satellite
10-09-2010, 11:44 PM
It wasn't even in my thoughts that you'd need a 'trim'. I am just conversant with the mechanics of the area and might be able to help...from afar.
I just noticed this is my 1300th post. Look how far I've come, from talking about bikes to male bits. Huh.
Yeah at 1300 post just think of all things you get to post. I can't post about dangly issues for another 111 post.

AndrewS
10-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Satelite,

Your junk, all of it, belongs above you thighs, well away from the saddle. Your complaint makes it sound like stuff ends up between or below your legs.

With it tucked somewhat high and out of the action, it shouldn't matter if we're talking turtleneck or wifebeater.

Nil Else
10-10-2010, 01:45 AM
turtleneck or wifebeater

Why... why am I checking out this thread again? :crap:

Bruce K
10-10-2010, 04:37 AM
As a mod, this one might be the most perpexing thread I have ever seen.

Valid question, properly asked, serious intent, but the subject..... :rolleyes:

If anyone can help this guy I would suggest taking this one to PMs.

There is just WAY TMI here.

I will leave it for a chance for folks to get PM's started but then I am guessing if I don't get to it post-Sunday ride, Pete or one of the other guys will.

BK

spartacus
10-10-2010, 04:44 AM
You need to experiment with other shorts, shorts with pads of different shapes and sizes. They all look similar ish but subtle differences that only become apparent when riding can make the difference to your comfort. It can become an expensive process, but in this area money can buy you satisfaction...eventually.

OtayBW
10-10-2010, 05:08 AM
15 posts on engulfment by foreskin, and I get barely any input on a bike fitting problem. Oy.
:confused: ;)

Oh - and to the OP: good luck with that dangly bits problem (seriously)...

Kevan
10-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Shrinkage is to be expected. Frankly, I thought everyone knew that.

Pete Serotta
10-10-2010, 07:16 AM
It is mixed company here so please just keep guidance information and do not be like us guys (aka pigs) who can drop to a low in jesting, THANKs

Steve in SLO can be of tremendous assistance, Send him an email.

He would be a **** recommendation for advice and guidance, (and if I had a problem and he was kind enough to offer information than my first email)

rugbysecondrow
10-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Sometimes my turtle likes to retreat a little more into his shell, but this happens while running and biking. Not all the time (not enough where i consider it an issue) and there is no chaffing but it can be irritable. All I do is make a small adjustment and keep going. I mostly use diaper rash cream (I still have young kids) and that helps prevent chaffing.

:)

HenryA
10-10-2010, 08:05 AM
The little feller is just tryin' to hide when the action gets too rough. Kinda like "a tornado's comin' -- I better run to the basement". As long as he comes back out after the excitement is over everything is OK.

chuckroast
10-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Cycling has always been like swimming for me. Somewhat embarassing when I get in the shower afterwards but no permanent damage done.

130R
10-10-2010, 10:42 AM
i always adjust the first couple of minutes on the bike. i don't mind who see's me.

i think "who cares if i'm adjusting my junk? my bike is better than theirs!" :banana:

eddief
10-10-2010, 11:04 AM
with a ten foot pole.

rugbysecondrow
10-10-2010, 11:05 AM
with a ten foot pole.
Now you are just bragging.

SoCalSteve
10-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Ok, third mod to chime regarding this thread...

And, also not sure what to do...

Please keep it factual and on point as this is a "family" place.

Thanks to all!

Ken Robb
10-10-2010, 12:55 PM
with a ten foot pole.

how about with two five foot Lithuanians? :rolleyes:

Bruce K
10-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I think anything else that needs to be said can be done so through PM's.

Time to move on.

BK

Ahneida Ride
10-10-2010, 04:26 PM
This was a pointless thread ! :D