PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Saddle Parts

redir
10-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Anyone know of a good source for parts in the States? I see one in the UK but I'm thinking the shipping would cost more then the part. I was riding Wednesday when all a sudden the Titanium nose piece just broke. This is the second Swift that broke on me this year, the other one broke the tension bolt :(

ronlau
10-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi, this is where you can find it.

http://www.wallbike.com/brooks/partsandaccessories.html

Also, Bilenky is the US place where you can get it fix. A friend of mine has his B17 nose piece broken and he contacted them for the repair.

You may want to contact Bilenky and check if yours is under warranty.

Ron

Anyone know of a good source for parts in the States? I see one in the UK but I'm thinking the shipping would cost more then the part. I was riding Wednesday when all a sudden the Titanium nose piece just broke. This is the second Swift that broke on me this year, the other one broke the tension bolt :(

redir
10-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Oh cool thanks. I didn't even think about the warranty, God knows I have no idea where the original receipt is. I bought it at my LBS. I'll ask though thanks.

aoe
10-09-2010, 01:55 PM
On a similar note, has anyone swapped chrome rails with Ti ones on a swift or swallow before? Is it worth the hassle?

dave thompson
10-09-2010, 02:18 PM
On a similar note, has anyone swapped chrome rails with Ti ones on a swift or swallow before? Is it worth the hassle?
At $260 for the Ti frame, you could find an excellent used saddle with the Ti rails.

Peter B
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Aoe,

I have a new Swift ti frame I'll sell for much less than the $260 retail. PM if interested.

aoe
10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Pm coming your way...
Thanks