PDA

View Full Version : Bont Commuter One/ Two shoes

spartacus
10-07-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm interested in these two models by Bont. The shoe upper is in my view the closest match to the natural shape of the human foot that I've seen in a cycling shoe, and these models are the ones Bont offer with tread on the soles.

Does anyone have either of these Bont models? What do you make of them?

Thanks.

http://www.bont.com/cycling/products/commuter/commuter1.html
http://www.bont.com/cycling/products/commuter/commuter2.html

d_douglas
10-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I know these shoes are super high quality, but they are lacking in the style dept in my opinion. Ugh.

spartacus
10-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I know these shoes are super high quality, but they are lacking in the style dept in my opinion. Ugh.

They are a bit quirky looking, but they're growing on me. I don't much care for the ratchet buckle thing; it spoils the smooth lines of the upper.

Any good bike shops in Geneva? I tried the Serotta dealer in the north of the city a couple of years ago, but they only had one frame in stock, a Legend ti.

tab123
10-07-2010, 05:58 PM
I have not tried this model. However, when ordering Bont road shoes, I measured my foot using Bont's system. Supposedly I am a size 40, but I ended up needing a size 42 (same as most other road shoes). The Bont shoes still did not fit me well (too tight around the little toes, which is not usually the case for me), but your experience obviously will vary.

I liked the quality of the shoes though.

R2D2
10-08-2010, 04:28 AM
I have not tried this model. However, when ordering Bont road shoes, I measured my foot using Bont's system. Supposedly I am a size 40, but I ended up needing a size 42 (same as most other road shoes). The Bont shoes still did not fit me well (too tight around the little toes, which is not usually the case for me), but your experience obviously will vary.

I liked the quality of the shoes though.

Had the same issue. The toe box drops of at a severe angle and leaves little room for the little toes. I gave up on them after several painful months.

spartacus
10-08-2010, 05:51 AM
What width fitting were your shoes? They do a wide fitting as well as a standard fitting. This is interesting because to my eye these shoes have more of a human foot shape to them in the toe box area than any other cycling shoe I've ever seen.

csm
10-08-2010, 08:38 AM
I found the toe boxes on the mtb shoes to be too big. I wear a 46.5 Sidi Genius and found the Bonty shoes just didn't fit.

spartacus
10-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I found the toe boxes on the mtb shoes to be too big. I wear a 46.5 Sidi Genius and found the Bonty shoes just didn't fit.

What size of Bonts were you trying? Were the toe boxes too wide and/ or too long and/ or too high? Thanks.

csm
10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
I forget the size.... somewhere around 46; if the length was good then the toe box was too volumous. I have a narrow foot and run into this with running shoes as well.
I was trying for a fit that was a nice as the Sidis. I guess I'll have to break down and get the dominators.

spartacus
10-08-2010, 08:49 AM
I forget the size.... somewhere around 46; if the length was good then the toe box was too volumous. I have a narrow foot and run into this with running shoes as well.
I was trying for a fit that was a nice as the Sidis. I guess I'll have to break down and get the dominators.

Your description fits well with my understanding of Sidis, that they are better for narrower feet. My feet are wide and I tried a pair of Sidis on once and they just didn't work for me.

So Dominators are the apex Sidi shoe? Major moola? :rolleyes:

John H.
10-08-2010, 10:45 AM
I am sure they are very much like the road shoes. Good for wider feet and/or those who like/need a big toe box. The Bont shoes fit me like a glove. My foot is shaped very much like a Bont shoe.
I think they will not have commuter shoe in USA till 1st of the year (unless someone has old stock).

csm
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Your description fits well with my understanding of Sidis, that they are better for narrower feet. My feet are wide and I tried a pair of Sidis on once and they just didn't work for me.

So Dominators are the apex Sidi shoe? Major moola? :rolleyes:

I think they are the equivalent mountain shoe in what I have in their road shoes.