PDA

View Full Version : Forum logo/DPF logo jersey--You want one?

William
04-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Following off of Smiley's thread, I will bring this topic to the forefront.

I have permission from Davis and the Davis Phinney Foundation to use their new logo in conjunction with the Serotta Forum Logo to come up with a jersey design. I just recieved their artwork and I am ready to get started. As stated before when I brought this topic up, the jersys would be cost plus a percentage of every jersey sold going to the foundation. But, before I put in the time and effort to work on a design and get them made, I would like to get an idea of how many forum members there are who will commit to buying one (or more).
So, please let me know if you are willing to commit to getting a jersey. No money will be collected until the designs are approved by the DPF & Serotta, and, pricing (and donation percentage ) is set by whom ever is chosen to make them.

I'm willing to do this, but I want to make sure there are enough people interested to make this a do-able effort.

Best regards,
William

RichMc
04-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Can we see what the design would look like and how much would you estimate the cost would be?

BumbleBeeDave
04-22-2005, 12:47 PM
With all due respect to your graphic design abilities! . . . I would also want to see even just a prelim design before making a decision. Would this be a jersey designed from scratch, or would it be a “stock” jersey with the blank area on front and back with the forum and/or DPF logos added? I’m not real enthusiastic about those because they always seem to look like, well, like a “stock” jersey with the club/team logo slapped on. :rolleyes:

BBDave

William
04-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Whoa folks.

I'm not suggesting that you iron-clad commit to buying one right now. I just want to know who would seriously consider buying a jersey with the logos on them. I understand that people will want to see the design before plunking money down for one. I just want to be sure there is enough of an interest before getting wrapped up in it.

With all due respect to your graphic design abilities!

I'm a hack. :D

Would this be a jersey designed from scratch, or would it be a “stock” jersey with the blank area on front and back with the forum and/or DPF logos added?

Scratch my man, from scratch.

William

dehoopta
04-22-2005, 01:53 PM
How about this under the banana

"The Forum with A-Peel"

flydhest
04-22-2005, 01:55 PM
How about this under the banana

"The Forum with A-Peel"

dehoopta,

who's that in your avatar? I swear it looks just like my oldest brother when we were kids.

Smiley
04-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Sir William , I forgot about the Jersey , I want to buy the Team Car , a Yugo right ? or maybe a Fiat :banana:
I am in for a jersey since I can't get a stinkin Kodak one , truth me known I buy Fugi Film anyway .

spiderman
04-22-2005, 04:12 PM
and one for each of ten friends
if part of the price
goes directly to the foundation!

Sandy
04-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I'll buy one, probably two as long as Flydhest's picture (or any of his brothers) is not on it. :)

I give you permission to use my picture on it to increase sales.

I give you permission to use my nude pictures on it to REALLY increase sales if you think that you will be able to keep up with the orders.

I have nude pictures of Kevan that you may use if you can't keep up with the sales and want to slow them down to a halt. :)

Count me in for at least one, probably two.

Sexy Suave Sandy

spiderman
04-22-2005, 05:02 PM
just count on one for me...
...i'll hold off on the ones for my friends...

dave thompson
04-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Yes!

Rapid Tourist
04-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Since SAndy's getting one, I'm in.

Sandy
04-22-2005, 08:00 PM
You can share mine! Just kidding! :)

Sharing Sandy

William
04-23-2005, 05:39 PM
:cool:

BumbleBeeDave
04-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Will there be matching bibs? Gloves? Socks? Vests? DOO-RAGS?

Will it all be yellow and black? Or at least yellow? :rolleyes:

BBDave

William
04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
:)

M_A_Martin
04-24-2005, 07:21 PM
You know...for all the noise that BBDave makes about wearing yellow and black I don't think I've seen him in a kit that was yellow and black...zebra stripe yes, Red and black yes...yellow and black? Nope. Maybe once...

And nope, If I don't see it myself, it can't be so (Dave, you're a photo dude...I wouldn't trust the colors on any picture you posted after this post...)

:)

It's snowing in Michigan.

BumbleBeeDave
04-24-2005, 08:58 PM
. . . AND accepted!

I will come up with something suitable for owner’s weekend. All you gotta do is show up! ;)

BBDave

M_A_Martin
04-24-2005, 09:10 PM
"come up"

Hmmm, I would think that you'd have several standard black and yellow outfits suitable for any occasion at the ready.

First you suggest the queen bee might be ugly, then you have to go look for yellow and black outfits? Hmmmmm

I'm just teasing you Dave. I missed making reservations at the springs and I don't know if I can take it being away from the gang.

Bruce K
04-24-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm in for a jersey.

I might have to wear it in Cincinatti for the Sunflower Revolution.

Either that or Bradford, Quattro, and the other PMC riders will all have to get one and we'll wear them somewhere along the way.

BK

Dekonick
04-25-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm in for a jersey -
perhaps 2? (short sl. and long sl? summer wt and fall winter?) :)

cycleman_21
04-25-2005, 05:58 AM
I could be easily persuaded, yes, and I like some of BBDs ideas, I like to wear a bandana on very hot short rides and fold it in half and wear one as a light cover on cooler rides, hey a banana bandana :banana:, think about it.

RC

William
04-25-2005, 05:58 AM
(short sl. and long sl? summer wt and fall winter?)

One company I'm looking at (Thanks to Mr. Pink :cool: ) doesn't care if you mix & match options (short sleeve, long sleeve, sleeveless, etc...).

William

BumbleBeeDave
04-25-2005, 06:22 AM
<< . . . and I like some of BBDs ideas>>

See? At least CYCLEMAN likes me! :no:

Do a Google for the St. Francis or the St. Charles. Both are right next door to the Springs and I got the same room rate at the St. Francis.

BBDave

MartyE
04-25-2005, 08:06 AM
count me in for at least 1.

Marty

M_A_Martin
04-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Dave, I like you, you've just been slipping lately. I'm worried about you!