PDA

View Full Version : You have a cold heads? I have warm hats! (pic)

veggieburger
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Through a serendipidous string of events, I have been given about 20 of those chimney-style cycling hats, made by Northwave, made in Italy. They have a drawstring at the top, so you can opened them up when it gets hot out, or pull down infront of your face if it gets really windy.

They look like this:

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/20650/Santini-Draw-String-Hat.html

(except with a NW logo @ the forehead)
In black, red or blue.

$10 shipped - Paypal gift. :banana:

tlarwa
10-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Will they actually fit under a helmet? Seems like you would feel a huge lump on the top of your head. How are these used, typically?

Tom

veggieburger
10-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I have never tried wearing one under a helmet. With the drawstring closed they might - I'll try @ home tonight with my Giro.

Btw, they are in original bags.

7 gone!

veggieburger
10-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Wow, that was awesome! Only 5 or 6 left (got to take an exact count when I get home). I'll bump tonight if there's still some stock.

Thanks everyone, I'll try to ship all of these on Thursday morning.

veggieburger
10-05-2010, 06:50 PM
A few reds, blacks and whites left... perfect for holiday gift giving! :)

Jason E
10-05-2010, 08:10 PM
The picture in the link is weird... He knows something, but he is not telling.

veggieburger
10-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Fyi, a few white hats left, and two black. I'll move them to the 'bay this weekend if no one else wants one.

Last bump, I promise.

veggieburger
10-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Only white hats left, and I only need one for myself.

$9 shipped, just to clear them out? New in bags!

PM if you want one.

mcallen
10-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I got 4 and they are great--my two- and four-year-old boys love them! They look like Keebler Elves--I love it. Only downside is that they fight over the colors. Thanks for the hookup.

veggieburger
10-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Ha, that's funny. Yeah, when you cinch the top there's definitely an elvish look to them. Thanks again!

veggieburger
10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
New link (other one is ka-put, thanks Rob)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Full/31052.jpg

The only difference is the placement of the Northwave logo, in the center of the forehead.

jh_on_the_cape
10-18-2010, 08:39 PM
my son wears the blue one to kindergarten. he found it in the hat bin and said 'hey this is the same as the stickers on my bike in italia!'

We spent the summer in italy and were loaned a handmedown bike for him from a relative. It was looking tired so we walked to the bike shop and the guy gave us some northwave stickers (it's an italian brand). This was in the dolomites. great riding. His bike is an 'Atala' and literally weighs more than my mountain bike.

I was so psyched that he remembered. Thanks for the hat!

veggieburger
10-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Cute...no problem...thank YOU!