PDA

View Full Version : Serotta "OWNERS CLUB"

jeo99
10-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Has anyone signed up for this after the refirbished website? It is under the Community icon on the main page. I followed the directions to sign-up but have never received an acknowledgement.

:beer:

dekindy
10-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I am a member but other than crash protection and the original jersey that I received I would not know it. Communication is almost nonexistent and any other benefits escape me except for the occasional invitation to New York bike rides. You can get a discount at Chris Carmichael training camps if you are so inclined.

jeo99
10-01-2010, 10:11 AM
This is what exists on the website today:

Owners Club Membership: Free to all Serotta Owners
On-line application request: ownerservices@serotta.com
Must provide serial number of at least one Serotta
Active email account, address
Among the benefits are:
Prerelease information on and access to new products
Can purchase special merchandise
Invitations to special events
Special ‘Loyalty’ buying opportunities & benefits

I was a member and crash protectector holder when I procured a frameset in '05. Based on the five year bogey thought I should re-up here in '10. Things have changed and the new website is not the best user friendly application.

I am a member but other than crash protection and the original jersey that I received I would not know it. Communication is almost nonexistent and any other benefits escape me except for the occasional invitation to New York bike rides. You can get a discount at Chris Carmichael training camps if you are so inclined.

tim11
10-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I requested an application probably a month and a half ago -- no dice yet. Oh well.

dekindy
10-01-2010, 10:40 AM
I requested an application probably a month and a half ago -- no dice yet. Oh well.

New management has not made it around to the Serotta Owner's Club program yet. Have they publicized their plans?

Pete Serotta
10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Please let me have info on you and I will track to completion when I get done my treatments.

Lindsey@Serotta.com is the person to contact now and also feel free to copy me at Pete@serotta.com.

jeo99
10-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Original re-sent and CC'd to you Pete .

spartacus
10-01-2010, 12:22 PM

Exactly the same experience here.

I hope it's now going to be :) Stan the man who can. Perhaps the 'S' on my head tube is for 'Stan' :)

gone
10-01-2010, 06:14 PM
There was a thread a while back on this topic that "disappeared" so I expect this post will as well.

I joined the Owners club when I bought my Legend ST. I don't recall exactly how much it cost ($150? $300?) but it sure wasn't free. I got a jersey and a few pieces of junk mail. Overall, a big waste of money.

Oh, and I also got a Serotta Owner's club emblem to affix to my bike with double sided tape that fell off after the first ride. If anybody finds it, let me know.

SoCalSteve
10-01-2010, 06:35 PM
There was a thread a while back on this topic that "disappeared" so I expect this post will as well.

I joined the Owners club when I bought my Legend ST. I don't recall exactly how much it cost ($150? $300?) but it sure wasn't free. I got a jersey and a few pieces of junk mail. Overall, a big waste of money.

Oh, and I also got a Serotta Owner's club emblem to affix to my bike with double sided tape that fell off after the first ride. If anybody finds it, let me know.

I will make sure this thread doesn't disappear.

I am sure Serotta and Serotta Pete and Stan want your feedback, whether good or bad. How will they know how to improve if they don't get feedback?

As for being a waste of money, its an insurance policy as well, right? Most insurance policies are a waste of money (until you need them).

Bruce K
10-01-2010, 07:47 PM
The Owner's Club has changed over time.

The crash protection component was (I believe) separated.

I would think that while not a high priority, it is something that will be addressed by the current marketing/management team.

I mean hey, they revamped and re-built the store.

Good things come to those who wait.

Personally, I made use of the re-paint program of the Owner's Club several years ago with my original Concours road bike and purchased my Concours Cross bkie during one of the Owner's Club Special Offers.

I'm pretty sure some forum folks bought steel frames when they were doing the Singolo and one other frame as special offers as well.

BK

jeo99
10-02-2010, 03:30 PM
"Personally, I made use of the re-paint program of the Owner's Club several years ago with my original Concours road bike and purchased my Concours Cross bkie during one of the Owner's Club Special Offers."

Bruce,
Most interesting! I requested the re-paint discount as an Owner's club member and was told it did not exist!

:crap:

jeo99
10-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Please let me have info on you and I will track to completion when I get done my treatments.

Lindsey@Serotta.com is the person to contact now and also feel free to copy me at Pete@serotta.com.

Pete,
I did get "Owners Club" confirmation from Lindsey today. Along with a statement that "updates" to be sent via email in the future.

Thanks!

Jason E
10-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Joe,

Did they mention if we would start seeing information starting to trickle out to the website?

Jason

dekindy
10-05-2010, 10:16 PM

I should be more appreciative knowing that my frame will be replaced; which I could not afford if catastrophe struck. The jersey was very nice.

The Owner's Club membership was practically free since the crash protection and jersey were included. They did not promise any owner's club benefits that they did not deliver which is more than I can say for other companies.

jeo99
10-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Joe,

Did they mention if we would start seeing information starting to trickle out to the website?

Jason

Nothing stated related to the "Owner's Club" website.

Sorry, I meant the icon under "Community" on this website.

Pete Serotta
10-06-2010, 09:06 AM
I am trying to get more info and timelines on things happening. My grade is failing so far :crap: but I have not given up on it _ _ for it really does benefit all involved.

PETE

Jason E
10-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Jeo,

I meant this website...

Pete,

I think no one is going to mind if you take a few extra days to find things out. The weather the way it has been you should be in a hammock, with a book, resting, not worrying about these things.

JE

zray67
10-06-2010, 08:47 PM
'""