PDA

View Full Version : Vision of Virgin Mary and Lance Armstrong

BumpyintheBurgh
04-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Anyone see the Vision of Virgin Mary which has appreared on a concrete support underneath the Kennedy Express Way in Chicago?

Not to be sacrilegious, but I had the image of Lance Armstrong crossing the finish line on the Champs-Elysees in Paris to win his 7th Tour de France appear on my shower door recently, so it must be pre-ordained. Wish I could have figured a way to keep that image, could have sold it on eBay for a few bucks but my wife turned on the bathroom fan and it was gone.

Was surprised during this mornings shower when I saw the face of Tyler Hamilton in the water on the shower floor as it swirled down the drain.

OldDog
04-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Ooooo..K

PanTerra
04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Oh my. I believe a pilgrimage is in order. Whatever you do, don't take a shower until we can all see it. :D

Needs Help
04-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Was surprised during this mornings shower when I saw the face of Tyler Hamilton in the water on the shower floor as it swirled down the drain :D

Russell
04-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Mary sure gets around. Last year it was a grilled cheese sandwich. Kinda reminds me of Father Guido Sarducci's "Find the Pope in the Pizza" routine on SNL.

Kevin
04-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Bumpy,

You see Lance and Tyler when you shower? That may be a problem. :banana:

Kevin

Ahneida Ride
04-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey I would not go knocking the Virgin Mary so readily.

I've had numerous prayers answered thru her intercession.

BumpyintheBurgh
04-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Mary sure gets around. Last year it was a grilled cheese sandwich. Kinda reminds me of Father Guido Sarducci's "Find the Pope in the Pizza" routine on SNL.
Holy Cow! someone remembers Father Guido Sarducci. Is Don Novello still around? That was a classic skit on Saturday Night Live from the late '70's.
My wife and I were joking recently that the cardinals should elect the new pope by "finding the Pope in the Pizza".
Father Guido Sarducci was the gossip columnist and rock critic for the Vatican newspaper. He was on the SNL Weekend Updates with Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Jane "you ignorant slut" Curtin.
During John Paul's first visit to the U.S., Sarducci had a contest on SNL where he showed a pizza and encouraged people to "find the faces of the popes in the pizza". He claimed that all of the 250 plus faces of former Popes could be found in the pizza and that the individual who circled the most faces would win a prize....a button that said "I saw the Pope on TV". It was a hilarious skit that included a lot more laughs. Those early years of SNL were great.

PanTerra
04-22-2005, 09:30 AM
I wonder what that pizza would be worth today. I remember that bit. Too funny.

PanTerra
04-22-2005, 10:17 AM

That was definitely Mary on the toast. However, she was a star in silent movies.

dehoopta
04-22-2005, 01:48 PM
We have a doc here on faculty from Italy. He sounds dead on like Father Guido. It was hard to talk to him on the phone, because you lost track of what he was saying while you were trying not to laugh! He is talking to you very seriously about a patient, and you were trying not to crack up!

Another funny Pope skit is from the Bob and Tom show.

Hey isa da Pope

PanTerra
04-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I know what you mean. I had a history prof that sounded like Kotter, from Welcome Back, Kotter. Kind of looked like him but with shorter and straight hair. Same face with the nose and moustache.