PDA

View Full Version : Glad to have a leisurely ride last night

dekindy
09-29-2010, 06:55 PM
After doing a lot of climbing (for flat central Indiana) on a Sunday ride a week ago, riding last Tuesday and Thursday in 90 degree Fahrenheit temps and 20 mph winds, and then windy again on Saturday, I was glad to have a cool, windless, group ride on Tuesday evening. My legs were the most tired that they had been all year. Maybe I am getting burnt out and need a rest. I think I will take this weekend off since we are going to be gone on an overnight trip Friday and Saturday.

I thought my bike felt like something was dragging and discovered last night that I had a slow leak in my rear tire. It took a lot of work to get it fixed. The was so slow and right next to another leak that I fixed a couple of months ago and I mistakenly thought that the patch had failed. Between fixing the wrong leak and putting new sealant in the tire in attempt to fix the leak, I had to put the tire back on three times. If the patch does not hold I am just going to put a tube in it and forget it. My hands are sore.

I guess I felt like rambling this evening. Thanks for listening.

firerescuefin
09-29-2010, 07:22 PM
you have far more patience than I. A new tube would have been in order ASAP.

dekindy
09-29-2010, 07:35 PM
you have far more patience than I. A new tube would have been in order ASAP.

It is a tubeless tire and I wanted to keep it that way. Hopefully it was worth it.

dekindy
10-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't know how long my rear tire had a slow leak, but I returned to form last night after patching the leak. You can run lower pressures with tubeless but it is also more difficult to tell when they are low. I always let some air out of the tires to break the Presta seal so I don't pay that much attention to the air pressure gauge when I begin filling the tire. However Tuesday 40 lbs pressure caught my eye.