PDA

View Full Version : Looking for shoes that are wide and suitable for flat feet

weiwentg
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Title says it all: what shoes are relatively wide and are suitable for flat feet? Sidi's standard last is too narrow for me - my size 41.5 Sidi Carbons are just wide enough but too long.

blschaefer1
09-29-2010, 03:00 PM
I've had really good luck with Lake's. They make many models in Wide width. I am currently using the CX190's. Good value, too. Have you tried Sidi Mega's?

veloduffer
09-29-2010, 03:04 PM
I have similar feet. Even the Sidi Megas are bit tight for my liking. With my Sidis, I took out the footbed insert to get more room (my feet are flat so no arch support needed).

I found the Shimano and Lake shoes are more like Sidi mega in their normal last and some models come in Wide. I currently have Shimano mtb shoes and Lake winter shoes, both in their normal last.

bobswire
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Shimano, Specialized and Lake (wide). I've a wide foot too.

spartacus
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Carnac.

rpm
09-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I have size 48, very wide, and extremely flat feet, with custom orthotics. This year, I switched from Lakes to Northwave Aerlites. I like them a lot. Just did a century last Saturday and had no foot issues.

weiwentg
09-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the responses. I was looking for a shoe that had a 4 hole mounting system if possible (I have Speedplays). I'll keep an eye out for Lake, Carnac and Northwave, then.

alexstar
09-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Cheap, but I have had good luck with Performance Bicycle's house brand, Cat-1. The "Gavia" model in particular is very roomy, has a stiff carbon sole, and can be had for $90 on sale - very reasonable in my opinion. I use them for commuting so I don't have any qualms about roughing them up or getting them wet/dirty. 2 years of near-daily use and no problems whatsoever.

AndrewS
09-29-2010, 04:48 PM
I have very wide feet, and the E width Lakes are the first comfy cleat I've ever owned.

Dekonick
09-29-2010, 08:24 PM
OK - so... I have some 'effed up feet. For me - custom works best. I am a cheap bastard when it comes to tires (I know I shouldn't be... just can't help it) but I will spend the $$ for shoes.

It is like a custom frame, or suit. Until you have had one, you will never know what you are missing.

Call Don at D2 shoes and make yourself a happy camper - even if the shoes are a bit on the ugly side...

:)