PDA

View Full Version : Oh my...

William
09-28-2010, 06:54 AM
I followed a string of threads at the bottom of a current thread and ended up on this one...

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=11246

Shades of Breast milk and Dadoo. Some will remember, many won't want to, and some just won't get it.

Any one else ever follow the recommended/related threads links at the bottom of the screen? You'll be surprised where you end up some times.

William

snah
09-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Good read!!! :beer:

jlyon
09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
My favorite line from the thread:

Originally Posted by stuttgart6
they are not speaking the normal English but speakin some dialectical of English. Even possibly (says Doris) he could be "channeling" a "Lord" from Mideval England.

Oh, yer thinking of DBRK.........or possibly our in-house rambling idiot, Doofus.

Steve in SLO
09-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Any one else ever follow the recommended/related threads links at the bottom of the screen? You'll be surprised where you end up some times.

William
I occasionally look when something along the bottom seems interesting. I resurrected a 3+ year old thread about Flandis because it made such interesting reading from the historical perspective.

sc53
09-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I often think of Dadoo and wonder how he's doing. I remember fondly the meals he was served while recuperating in hospital.

William
09-28-2010, 01:21 PM
I often think of Dadoo and wonder how he's doing. I remember fondly the meals he was served while recuperating in hospital.

I heard Doris ended up running off with the Colonel.

William

Jason E
09-28-2010, 09:23 PM
I remember that. Great... Not sure if I wanted to! That was some odd stuff. I do not know what motivates people to do that.

That was the beginning of the build-up, I think, to the schism that broke this place...

Bleh. Funny to read again though.

Jason E/Argos

firerescuefin
09-28-2010, 09:33 PM
This was clearly before So Cal Steve was a MOD.....that would have been shut down faster than....well something really fast ;)

Jason E
09-28-2010, 09:40 PM
If you read it, it is like a graveyard of names of people that used to be VERY active. Some are listed as members but we don't see them here anymore. Others, like Oracle, Zard, John S, 700 x 23....

Oh well.

Louis
09-28-2010, 09:41 PM
We might no longer have Dadoo, but at least we have the Squirrel. :)

In its various incarnations the forum has been around long enough that we'll soon be able to open a Kooks Wing of the "Serotta Forum Hall of Fame."

Dekonick
09-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Wine Pie.

Nuf said.