PDA

View Full Version : Gloucester Cross is coming....

Bruce K
09-27-2010, 06:39 PM
This weekend !!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Any forumites planning to be there either day or both?

I am scheduled to race (if you call it that) both days in the Masters 55+ group. I'll be on my Serotta Concours cross bike and in cyclcocrossworld.com red and white on Saturday for sure. I might switch to white and blue Pinnacle Bikes kit for Sunday, it depends on the weather as much as anything.

We should try to get together at the beer tent if there are a number of folks around.

BK

1centaur
09-27-2010, 06:54 PM
I'll be there one day or the other but never in time to cheer for you, Bruce. Good luck - no endos - post pictures!

Bruce K
09-29-2010, 07:13 PM
4 fields (so far) are maxed out at 125 riders.

Over 1650 riders entered between the two days.

Heavy rain Friday but clear for the weekend with temps just above 60.

If you're in the Boston area and have never seen a cross race, this would be the one.

BK

ischon
10-01-2010, 10:46 AM

ischon
10-01-2010, 10:46 AM
ill be there both days

sportin the boloco back bay team in the 3 race

come say hey and look at the new cross frame i built myself this summer :)

sashae
10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
A few photos from Saturday's racing at Gloucester (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sashae/sets/72157624965091675/).

Good seeing a few folks out there from the forum. Rough day for me riding (TWO flats and a lot of running) but there's always next week...

ischon
10-04-2010, 11:49 AM
nice meeting you bruce!

had a rough 2 races... 2nd day i rode over a nail on my road warmup that went THROUGH my rim and then i broke the return spring on my right shifter... luckily mavic support lent me a bike

great course and a super fun time

see you at providence?

Bruce K
10-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear about the mishap(s). I had some spare stuff with me (wheels, tires, tubes, etc.), I wish I had known.

My weekend went pretty well. Sunday might have been the best tactical race I have ever ridden. I had 2 guys from the same club all over my back wheel for the whole race and managed to beat them both. I worked my butt off to make it happen and all that for 28th place.

The 55+ field is getting REALLY fast and I am but a lowly Cat.4.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth going to Ice Weasels on Wednesday night and how to logistically make it work.

Otherwise, my wife, the bike widow, has asked me to stay closer to home for the long weekend so some early AM road rides might be all I can fit in.

I'll have to look at some other events but Orchard Cross is a definite and Canton a strong probable.

It was nice to meet you too. The bike certainly does not look like a first effort. Nicely done!

BK

ischon
10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
glad you had a good race!
i might do night weasels, not sure yet!
i think ill be at canton, thats a fun race

nice to meet you too!