PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds brake pads

fogrider
09-26-2010, 11:23 PM
for those of you with reynolds carbon wheels / rims, do you use the required reynolds brake pads? my pads are wearing out fast! I ride this bike once a week for about 50 miles a week and the pads are lasting a little more than 3 months. so thats about 750 miles. the thing that I'm most concerned about is that when they wear out, there is no warning. once they're gone, there is just no stopping power. so do you stock up and carry an extra pair? I know living in san francisco, there are plenty of hills around, but this is crazy!

wasfast
09-27-2010, 09:07 AM
I used swiss stop yellows for the last couple years on my DV46's. I got a set of Strikes that came with the factory pads which are in current use. They do wear faster than swiss stop yellows but both wear faster than conventional pads. I would recommend the Swiss stop over the reynolds as well for stopping performance.

djg
09-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Swiss stop yellow.

I have a set of DV46-Cross tubular wheels and a set of Attack clinchers with a powertap on the rear. For both road and cross I like to be able to swap wheels -- and, in particular, to be able to swap between carbon and alloy rims. The swiss stop yellow pads may not be the best choice for either one, but they work well on both and, with a little quick clean-up, go back and forth just fine. A little pricey, but they last a decent amount of time.

Bruce K
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
DV46C's and Swissstop Yellow pads.

They seems to last about 1500 miles.

BK

firerescuefin
09-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Swiss stop yellow.

I have a set of DV46-Cross tubular wheels and a set of Attack clinchers with a powertap on the rear. For both road and cross I like to be able to swap wheels -- and, in particular, to be able to swap between carbon and alloy rims. The swiss stop yellow pads may not be the best choice for either one, but they work well on both and, with a little quick clean-up, go back and forth just fine. A little pricey, but they last a decent amount of time.

DJG nailed it. With a flexible sanding block I clean them up between wheel switches or after riding in the crap. Great product.

SoCalSteve
09-27-2010, 06:02 PM
DV46C's and Swissstop Yellow pads.

They seems to last about 1500 miles.

BK

Same here...

Tim
09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Swiss stop yellow work well- like others have said- and mine last about 3000km.

swimmingskibble
10-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I used to use the yellow swiss stop pad over the black Reynolds pads, but I found that I like the new blue Reynolds pad much more than the swiss stops. They don't gloss over quite as easily.