PDA

View Full Version : cxII question

hardy1
04-20-2005, 02:10 PM
greetings,
I'm a newbie to this site and don't have a Serotta...yet. I'm a triathlete and interested in the CXII. I'd appreciate any rider reviews.
Thanks!

ols
04-20-2005, 08:32 PM
I've had my CXII for over a year. The bike itself is great. It's steel but it's surprisingly light, smooth springy ride, very comfortable for long distances in the aerobars, etc., and I think the main reason why it's so particularly good for me is the fit. Based on a lot of positive mentions on the forum here, I went to Paul Levine (www.signaturecycles.com) just north of NYC, and he did a superb job getting the frame dimensions dialed in to my ideal position. I didn't even realize how much more comfortable I would (could?) be until after I got this bike. It's also turned out to mean higher average speeds over longer periods compared to my previous bike, and a better transition into the run since I am able to keep more relaxed on the bike. So, a clearly positive vote from me on the CXII and a recommendation to make sure you also have a great fitter. (Paul Levine is outstanding, but I'm sure there are others out there who are equally good, depending on where you live.) Hope that helps.