PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warrior IF raffle - did anyone win?

Clydesdale
09-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Last Spring, Independent Fabrication and Wounded Warrior were partnering to raffle off a custom patriotic IF. For months now, the raffle page has simply read, "Raffle closed, winner will be announced in a few days." Just wondering if anyone knew the details? If I remember right several forumites participated and I keep hoping a "local" will win and post it in the image gallery.

Here is a picture of the original bike on IF's blog (http://ifbikesblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/nahbs-postview-bike-4-wounded-warrior.html)

roguedog
09-24-2010, 08:50 AM
ooh.. good memory. well.. apparently it wasn't me :/ but good cause.

noonan1970
10-09-2010, 09:48 PM
who won this????

happycampyer
10-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Re WWP:

This is the text of an email sent on June 23, 2010:

"Congratulations to John Tamoosh, Winner of the 2010 Wounded Warrior Project/Independent Fabrication/RR Classic Custom Bike Raffle
Thanks again to the guys at Independent Fabrication for their generosity in supporting the Wounded Warrior Project. The lucky winner was selected on Friday at IF headquarters in Somerville, MA. Joe Beimfohr and Mark Fontinilla from the Wounded Warrior Project travelled to IF headquarters to select the winner and meet the guys from IF.

"A sincere thanks to all of the supporters who have donated to the Wounded Warrior Project."

An earlier email mentioned that the raffle raised $14,665.

Dave B
10-10-2010, 06:38 AM
One additional cool thing was that the winner had recently been hit by a car or was in some sort of crash and had his Crown Jewel destroyed.

He was able to get a great bike for a great project. Great things all over.