PDA

View Full Version : Craft Base Layer ?s

keno
04-20-2005, 10:59 AM
For warm weather,

1. crew or cool mesh tank?

2. how does sizing run, that is, race or club fit; I'm 6', 183#?

3. where to buy online?

Thanks,

keno

Ozz
04-20-2005, 11:27 AM
I wear the crew tank up to about 75 degrees...I have not tried the mesh yet.

I'm 6'2 - 180 lbs, size 40 to 42 suit...

I have a large crew that fits pretty well, and a medium crew tank that is pretty snug. If I get another one, it will be a large.

Length is not an issue as both are cut pretty long...I

Brons2
04-20-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't wear anything under my jersey.

Should I?

Brian
04-20-2005, 01:18 PM
I’ve been wearing a Craft sleeveless crew on and off for about a year. I all honesty, I really can’t tell if it makes a difference in warmer weather. In cooler weather when used as my first base layer, I do believe it helps cut the chill. But when the temp climbs above 70, though, I feel you have a trade-off between the extra wicking power of the undergarment and the extra heat retained by an additional layer.

Pictures from the Tour de Georgia yesterday showed only about half the riders wearing an undershirt (yesterday’s temps were between 70 and 80). It also seems like the riders were wearing them as a team possibly as a result of sponsorship obligations. My guess is if these things were so great in aiding the body’s ability to regulate temperature, they would all be wearing them since they get them for free. And you hardly ever see a rider wearing an undershirt on a climbing stage of the TdF.

To answer Keno’s question, I wear a medium (I’m 5’ 10” and wear a size 39-40 suit). I bought my sleeveless crew directly from Craft (www.craft-usa.com) since I was ordering one of their jerseys, which is very nice!

CPP
04-20-2005, 01:37 PM
You guys get to wear suits?
CP

Too Tall
04-20-2005, 02:12 PM
sleeveless tanks all summer long Ken. The crews "feel" warmish to me over 70 something. UnderArmour is the brand I could not recall when we chatted. They are the BEST and feel great however are too hot for summer use...but plan to own some for fall / winter / spring you will not regret. Under Armour is supposed to fit tight you will take a large.

flydhest
04-20-2005, 02:22 PM
You guys get to wear suits?
CP

. . . have to, every day.

fjaws
04-20-2005, 03:38 PM
There is a secondary reason for an undershirt. In the event of a crash, the two shirts can slide against one another decreasing the chances of your skin gripping and then ripping on the asphalt.